5 good reasons for living in Mexico

Hi,

if someone asks you the best reasons for making the choice to live and stay in Mexico, what would be your top 5?

Thanks in advance for participating,

Julien

The people, the climate, the food, the coffee, the people.

relief of the fast pace stress and more time for myself to appreciate the culture, live a full life

People
Climate
Culture
Food
Way of life

... not necessary in that order, though. :)

Being able to live a good life on a small budget! Just returned to U.S. after a year in Mexico, wish we had not left, planning to return next year.

I agree with everyone's answers for living in Mexico.  Budget was my first reason; but I also, love that the people don't walk around with a chip on their shoulder.  They are always willing to smile and greet you.  Life in Mexico is simpler because there are fewer options and definitely less stress.  I am back visiting in the States right now, and can hardly wait to get back to PV where people are friendly and kind.

YOu have to experience it to really know that in Mexico there is an easier and happier way of life!

I moved there because of #1 - Climate and ample vitamin D (lack of in Canada), #2 - Cost of Living & Higher enjoyment of Lifestyle interests (scuba, travel, historical sites, kids activities), #3 - Healthier Lifestyle (people are generally more happy because family is important and therefore people are less stressed, fresh organic food is available outside your door, can walk most places and public transit is well-designed and low-cost), #4 - Corruption and bribery works well in Mexico when you need it to (better to pay $5 to a Federale for speeding than $350 in Canada!), #5 - Government controls and better programs (health care is top notch and don't have long waits, pharmaceuticals are price-fixed and often don't need prescriptions depending on medications required, many historical sites and activites are free).... my list could go on and on.

Hi everyone!

I think most of you are completely right! Those are all of the reasons that most people move down here! Personally I moved to Mexico City in 1995 due to work and lived there for 10 years, there I met my wife and 8 years ago we moved to Playa del Carmen with our baby twins, the mexican caribbean just has a spell that makes you want to come back many times and at last you just donŽt want to leave!

Here my reasons:
- The people
- The culture
- The FOOD(big time)
- The lifestyle
- Mexico is a land of opportunities for those who like to work

There are many more, but I canŽt think of them in an organized way! :-)