"man with a van" needed

Hello,

I am looking for someone who has a van and would be able to help me transport a large piece of furniture. Alternatively if you know any company or type of service that could help, please let me know. Taxi companies say 'no'...
The dimensions of the piece are 150cm x 80cm x 25cm and it needs to by put on a flat surface i.e. putting down the back seats will not work..

Any advice greatly appreciated guys!
Thanks,
Julia

Hi,

Can't recommend anyone specific, but the terms to search for are "fuvarozás" or "költöztetés" (hauling or moving)

Hi Dzulia,

Did you manage to find a man with a van? I'm about to move apartments and I have some furniture too big for a taxi. Can you recommend anyone?

Thanks!

Well, that was 2 years ago, but my advice still stands :-)
Can't recommend anyone in particular still.

[moderated: free ads is not allowed]

There are taxi services that are called in Hungarian, Teher Taxi.
I am not sure if they will have any English speakers working in their business or not.
My husband is bi-lingual and mentioned them as a good way to get things delivered or moved.
You can strike up a flat rate deal with them before hand if you know exactly the distance they will be travelling.
My husband said they will also load and unload for extra.
A regular taxi cab costs more and they do not have the large trucks for moving furniture and such.
Teher Taxi is somewhat like a U-haul but they do the driving for you.

We almost hired a Teher taxi service when we moved into our flat from a house years back, we went with a friend with a moving size truck instead for a flat rate with his helper. We didn't have to lift a thing as they were pro movers and knew how to get large pieces of furniture up the walk up with shoulder straps and such.
The Teher taxi gave us a reasonable flat rate although we decided to use our friends source instead.

I now recall we did use the services of a Teher taxi to bring 12 huge boxes from shipping to our flat 7 years back.
They had 2 men who went out to the shipping area with my husband , loaded the truck and brought them all upstairs for us for a pre arranged price. Was worth it, no hassles and they moved fast.

hello everybody .I can help you with transportation.Call this number +3620 -517 3572 .Driver speaks English,. All the best   :top:

Moderated by Stéphanie 8 years ago
Reason : please don't promote external link