Finding a nice village in Bulgaria...

Hello there :)

Me and my partner, Sky, are a young couple who came to see my parents new home here (as they moved here in Decemeber.).. and we fell in love with the country and the Veliko Tarnovo region. We have now been here since January this year.

So.. we have started to establish our lives here, Sky has got a job in property development, and I am teaching English privately once or twice a week, as well as trying to build up my artwork for an exhibition somepoint in the future.
And now we have been here through the cold snowy winter,through the very very hot summer,and have been trying to research all about costs in BG and living here, we have decided to find our own house in the VT district!

I was just wondering, if anybody knows of any nice villages in the Polski Trambesh Municipality, we have found a property in Orlovets which seems beautiful, but we cant find any information about the village itself. If anyone knows what this village is like, it would be a great help!

We would like somewhere which is mainly Bulgarian locals ( as a lot of people have told me Gypsies can be a problem with theft in some villages) and which can be quite easy access in all weather conditions.

Any info would be brilliant,Thanks in advance.

Charlotte :)

Hello,

You did not seem to get many replies. Well im Russell a English man who has had a lot of experience in Bulgaria buying and doing up my own property. Also i have done some work for ex pats out there.
I remember about 2 years ago working in the village Maslarevo i liked it very much. This is close to Polski trampesh.
I got on well with the locals and i thought it seemed a nice community it felt safe and it seemed clean and smart.

Though from my experience in BG i think you would benefit to broaden your horizons. I know maybe you want to be close to family. However i think the polski tramesh area is not the best investment.
I personely reccomend the villages around the City of Lovech

Also i reccomend the village of Dimcha.
You can see it on google earth its about 12 km north of the gorgeous Alexander Stamboliski resevoir
And nearby to the towns of Pavlikeni or Suhindoll

It has great hilly views wonderfull countryside. A nice peacefull community with quite a few ex pats Brittish and Irish

The ex pats there have few problems you would love the village.
There are houses for sale still at local prices because no one has paid silly money there yet.

Theres 2 videos for you to watch on you tube.

Dimcha property on the market

The village of Dimcha in Bulgaria