Hi! Life/Salaries in Beijing

Hi everyone,

I received a job offer in Beijing. Salary is yet to be discussed but I was asked what my salary expectation is.

To be honest I have no clue about salaries in China. It is job for 3-5 years of experience, for an international company, in the corporate communication field.

Could anyone tell me their opinion? I am not looking for a great expat deal but would like to have enough money at the end of the month to travel, go out once in a while and may be save a little bit.

Is there any website you would recommend for me to understand how much would I need to live in Beijing?

Any help, idea, opinion is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Nat

Natercia wrote:

Hi everyone,

I received a job offer in Beijing. Salary is yet to be discussed but I was asked what my salary expectation is.

To be honest I have no clue about salaries in China. It is job for 3-5 years of experience, for an international company, in the corporate communication field.

Could anyone tell me their opinion? I am not looking for a great expat deal but would like to have enough money at the end of the month to travel, go out once in a while and may be save a little bit.

Is there any website you would recommend for me to understand how much would I need to live in Beijing?

Any help, idea, opinion is highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Nat

Hi Nat,
       I work for a sporting company here and have a salary of around 15000 - 17000 per month on average(half of which is payed in my home currency), which is pretty easy to live off... having said that i also have an apartment included (3 bedroom two housemates 6,500 per month).

In other words what you want to be asking is what the salary is? is the apartment included? Where is the apartment in relation to your office? allowences for travel etc etc.

I cant really recomend a website other than this one, i think expat forums in general are a good way for you to nut things out.

Jarrod