Studying in Ireland

Hi there!

I am new to this and only registered a few minutes ago.

My reason for registering is because I ma out of ideas and options of what to do or where / who to go to.

I have recently been accepted to study in Ireland, Dublin....this was after 3 years of trying to study abroad.

I was due to start in June and now my offer has been postponed to August because I do not have the funds available to enter Ireland.

Does anybody please have any ideas of where or how I can funding to study in Ireland and fulfill my life-long dream....PLEASE???

I have tried 10-15 companies for sponsors, as well as Directors and comapny CEO's.....none of which are willing to assist....I cannot get a study loan because banking institutions in South Africa do not give study loans for studying abroad. A personal loan is also not an option as I nor my parents will qualify for the amount needed to enter ireland....R70000....

Please help!

rhp

Hi and welcome to Expat.com rhp!

Hope the forum will provide you with some advices soon.

Regards
Armand

Wow, thats a heck load of cash. What are you proposing to study? I am afraid I have no clue as to where you can get hold of that kind of bursary to study here in ireland. Perhaps you can try the lotto because students in ireland are as badly off as they are in south africa. Ireland is expensive to study in what about another country perhaps?

Thank you for the responses....I have already paid so much agency fees...so it would be pointless to just leave it all now and try another country after having paid all that admin fees to the agent.

Also, the agency does not have or know of any funding options.

As far as the lotto goes...that is gambling....I am solely relying on God for this one.

I am prospectively going to Eurocollege in Dublin.

Have a good day:-)

rhp

Sanbo can you tell me how you went about moving from SA to Ireland?

If I do not get the funds to study there, then I am looking at postponing my studies to next year and then coming over now to work?

Is that possible?

Thanks for your assistance.

rhp

I originally came on a work permit. There are certain jobs that you can get a permit for if its on the list. I think you can check the website for what type of jobs you can apply for, the agency should be able to tell you that. At the moment it is not so easy because umemployment is crazy high in ireland. When I got here there were jobs for africa and it was not a problem. You need a company to sponsor you and that can be hard as well. I
don't know what type of jobs you are looking at getting over here but cases that I know of, south africans who are out of work overhere even, would be in IT and just admin type of jobs. The wives whould all be in the medical fields. YOu would have to be an engineer or something quite specialized pretty much of what their is a shortage of. The construction industry is completely gone flat so sales and marketing and anthing related to building and construction, architects etc are out.

Thank you Sanbo I have heard otherwise with regard to students and people who are working in Ireland...they did not mention anything about a struggle to cope as a student or to find work....the only thing that they don't have at the moment...which is pretty much the case anywhere is possible scholarships. Well we keeping our options open...work or study...I'm in economics and my partner is a medical scientist.

Thanks again :-)

I hope you get on the right track with regard to the agency. Sometimes I think your best research is by word of mouth often the agencies can paint a rosy picture or they don't have enough information. Neither of those areas of employment I am familiar with but medical sciences sounds positive. Get a read of the local newspapers, irish times and RTE is the local television networks for up to date info on the ecomomics here in ireland. That should be right up your street. I am sure you are well clued up with the ecomomics of the eurozone at the moment. My husband is an ecomomics/math grad but he is working as an accountant. There are plenty of accounting jobs going. All the best.

hey dude you can get lots of information around internet . this is beautiful place come and study.

Hey denisebrown....thank you for sounding so positive...I sit on the internet daily...but I ma not finding anything...we are even willing to come over to work now and postpone our studies to next year, but I think I am not clued up enough about the work/study abroad stuff or I am not looking in the right places....my frustration levels are running high...I think mainly because I am sitting at home here in SA not being able to find work because the unemployment rate here is ridiculously high...Thanx again for your reply:-)

dude try your luck for germany or finland education is free there spend a year or two then move to ireland would be easy to move in europen countries

Hi syedsuhail...I did try Finland (amongst many others), not Germany though, but I got confirmation back from most Universities there that the medium of teaching was not in English..I cannot speak any other language besides English and very little Afrikaans.

i know dude but only few ppl go for studies u just try to enter there spend some time then leave for ireland, or if u cn afford 4000 euro then go for noble collage its very cheap offer for diploma :p

Thank you Syedsuhail...are you studying, is so where?

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]