What is the process of studying in Ireland?

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to get information on how to obtain a scholarship to study in Ireland. I do understand that what I want to study isn't actually something that most people would and after contacting the Embassy and doing the whole run around with other departments I'm losing hope.

So my question is how do I go about studying in Ireland? I have a degree (in journalism) already and would like to now study mortuary science but I can't seem to get much information on how to apply for scholarships for this field.

I would have off course studied it in South Africa however, there is a massive lack of institutions and proper training.

Any information regarding mortuary science and the process of studying in Ireland would be helpful.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

From what I've been able to discover, there is only one organisation that offers this kind of training; it is known as the Deathcare Academy of Ireland; this link will take you to their website, contact details are on the home page.

I have no idea if they offer any kind of scholarship programme, my advice is to contact them and ask.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your help. I will contact them and keep you updated.

Kind Regards