Private Clinic Work

I am a retired medical doctor from UK now moving to Marakesh to spend most of my time,was interested to work in private hospital or clinic to keep myself busy.Is there any age restriction for  private jobs in Morocco?

Hi,
You will need a work permit, there is no age restriction for work in Morocco.  I have seen 6 years old kids working and 95 years old doing the same.

You will need to procure a Certifcat D'Immatriculation card (legal residency card) giving you the right to work in Morocco. This can be a lengthy process. Being a medical professional the government might make it a little easier for you, but I think it might be simpler if before you come to Morocco that you seek the assistance of a philanthropic NGO to help you in establishing your legal right to work. Of course they will expect some of your time once you arrive to suit their cause in return. You should also contact the Moroccan consulate in your area for any special instructions or restrictions.

I don't know what type of doctor you were in the UK, but I am sure your services are desired. If you contact United Nations, UNICEF or any one of the local orphanages / youth educational programs here in Morocco they can help direct you through the correct channels to have a fulfilling time here in Morocco. Please brush up on your French as most Moroccans working in these places don't speak fluent English.

I hope you enjoy your stay.