Will be moving to Kuwait in a week!!!

My name is Monica, I am a pastry Chef and i will be moving to Kuwait to work in a new Restaurant that is opening in September.
I have so much excitement but so much questions as well.

Hope you guys can help me out with a few of my Questions!

1. What transport is the best to use every day?

2. I am looking for a Ladies only gym and that is not to expensive!

3. What fun activities is there to do in kuwait?

4. I would really want to take some classes to learn how to speak Arabic where is the best place to do this?

5. Lastly my boyfriend will also be moving to kuwait, all though we will not be living together. We want to know is it aloud to go visit each others apartments?

Thank you

Monica

Hi, I've just registered here and your name is the first thing shown after clicked Kuwait.

1- best transportation will be your car, but since you're a new arrival, you won't be able to obtain a driving license immediately, you can manage transportation with your workmates and probably your company will provide it.

2- sorry, don't know.

3- it depends on what you like, most people here go to malls where you can find many activities.

4- don't know exactly which are the best, but you may not have to attend classes since you are in an Arabic country and by time will deal with many Arabic people. Unless you want to learn quickly.

5- Don't know if it is allowed, but know that it is happening.

Lastly, wish you nice journey and pleasant stay in Kuwait.

Thank you so much Jonah.

Some more answers would be really great!!! please

welcome to Kuwait Mona-Lisa, and to Expat.com :)

here are ur answers:

1. What transport is the best to use every day?
taxi's are ok, they have a bit of foreigner syndrome, meaning they will try to rip u off, get to know the avg price for the route (ask anyone at work etc) and insist on paying just that, they wont say no. ofcourse as uve been told, the best form of transport is ur own car, then ud have to deal with parking etc. buses are out of the question as Kuwait is predominantly male, a trip in the bus alone is not advisable, u can do so for fun (preferably with a friend), but for work, its best to be punctual and safe.

2. I am looking for a Ladies only gym and that is not to expensive!
unfortunately when it comes to not expensive, anything that is a niche will be expensive :/ u have a variety of ladies gym's to choose from, and they have offers at times, be it Oxygen or Curves etc. (theres a list of gyms available somewhere on the forum). u'll find that most gyms that are mixed have a strict code of conduct. so dont worry if that is what ur worried about :P

3. What fun activities is there to do in kuwait?
pick your poison. ur a saffer, im guessing rugby might tickle ur fancy? theres a team for that (ladies) in Kuwait. there's jet-skiing, cycling, shooting, shopping (lady ;) ), rock-climbing, theater.. pick your poison, the question is not what fun activities is there in Kuwait, but what fun activities are u looking for.

4. I would really want to take some classes to learn how to speak Arabic where is the best place to do this?
AWARE center is the best place, or if u wish to save up, any one of the many native arabic speakers can teach u how to converse in arabic. the plus side is theres no fees to be paid, the downside is u dont get a certificate.

5. Lastly my boyfriend will also be moving to kuwait, all though we will not be living together. We want to know is it aloud to go visit each others apartments?
depends on the landlord, it could be a problem given that Kuwait is an Islamic country and that cohabitation is generally frowned upon.

if u have any further queries, feel free to shoot em right here :)

Hi Mona-lisa27 and welcome to Kuwait and EB