Looking forward to knowing new friends and getting some tips about biz

Hi Guys

This is Steven. Greetings from Beijing, China and wish you guys enjoy a nice life in DRC. I am considering moving to DRC to do some business. I will probably move there in around three months.

I am considering setting up some leisure business such as SPA, Massage, Accupuncture etc. But this is only one of my options. Can you guys give some tips about the current market of such business. For example, whether there have been many competitors in this business field, price level, market potential, customer group etc. I want to make sure whether this will be a good business in Kinshasa.

Thanks a lot.

Hello Steven.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi there

Thanks for your welcome. I just imagine how warm this expat community in DRC will be. I am looking forward to joining this community.

Have you guys had any gathering?

Hi Freeky,

I live in Lubumbashi since 4 months now. I don't think there area lot of SPA, Massage and Accupuncture but I'm not sure. This is a good idea. You could start by contacting the hotels in Lubumbashi so they could offer to their clients a kind of package including massage spa etc. and theirs clients could become yours!
One of a big hotel is Hotel Karavia. You could start from here, ask them if there are a lot of your business in Lubumbashi.

Hope this helps

Good luck!

Hai,

Its definitely a good option, iam an Indian and would support you with an option of massage from India- Ayurvedic Massage, hope u might have heard it or otherwise knew about it.

I do work for a bank in kinshasa and will help u in all ur efforts.

Regards
Raj

Hello Raj,

From one of your comments on this blog, I found out that you work in the bank in Kinshasa. I own a new Garment Manufacturing factory in Accra, Ghana and I am considering selling my products ( mainly office wears like male & female suits, shirts, dresses e.t.c) to boutiques & retail clothing stores in the cities of the Republic of Congo. Is there any way you could connect me to prospective buyers in Congo? Or better still, how do you advise that I go about getting my products into the Congolese market? Can you also help me with average market  prices of men and women suits, long & short shirts e.t.c  in the country.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Lsmile

Hello Lsmile -> Could you please start a new thread on the Democratic Republic of Congo forum with your questions? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

hi guys, im fabrice im a congolese specially from kinshasa, but im currently in south africa cape town, im student over here, i would like to meeet some pple tht are over there, coz im going bck in june for hollydays

I think opening a spa in DRC Congo will be great, I am an interior designer and am trying to get a job in Congo.. to design office, spa and many more, can anyone help

Caz

Hello Caz -> I invite you to post an advert in the Jobs in Democratic Republic of Congo section or to start a new thread on the Democratic Republic of Congo. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

@mwapekaimbasubmwa

This forum is not a job seekers agency. Go online to find jobs.
Find contact details for mining or construction companies and send them your CV.

It is unsafe to post contact details here on the open forum.

You have posted on an old (2013) inactive thread.