Facebook problem in Shanghai

Hello everyone!
I am new here so it's nice to meet everyone. I would like to know if you can open your facebook accounts in Shanghai? I faced a problem with that. I've tried different computers and different internet clubs but facebook doesn't work. The same problem is with myspace - I can open my page but I can't open messages.

Its blocked by China network. You cant access to all that here. (moderated)

the problem is all over china, it might get resolved after the national day holidays (i hope)

You should seriously look into subscribing to a VPN.  Virtual Private Network access will cost approximately $50 yearly and allow you to "tunnel" through the China Firewall to access all social media sites, banking and other sites not available to you otherwise (or available to you randomly).  I use Witopia but there are others.  Best!

you can use this website to bypass Chinese restrictions. For like 40 USD a year you can access everything. witopia.net

go to citymoments and they have a free download, only catch it that while you are logged in you can ONLY access facebook unless you register (and pay) for the full version. not a problem though it has a on/off toggle that allows you to then access any website as normal.

finally i found solution for that
Download a software call"fg690p"-fast and secure gateway to internet freedom.
that software works..:P

facebook is blocked in china.i'm sorry

I use Express VPN. It's $12.99/month but I figure it's worth it, especially since it lets me access American TV sites like Hulu!

have two ways to solve it,one use proxy for free;two,use vpn.good luck janin

there is a website a little similar to facebook, but for the sport community ... it's almost the same, you can meet people, exchange photos and videos, etc. you can find sport locations to meet people and play with them in a club, etc... it's nice. It is called : [moderated]

i was forwarded a proxy tool by a friend called u992 but it just doesn't seem to run on my macbook ... does anyone know of proxies that work on a mac?

Free VPN is normally not steady.  You only need to pay about 5USD/month for a proper VPN, then you can access all the websites, it's really worth it.
I'm using Astrill.

i am using switchvpn to bypass restrictions and i am able to access all websites youtube , facebook , twitter...including Hulu , Pandora..very fast and stable connection.

switchvpn.com

Hi, use orientalvpn.com.  I am using it.  It is fast and stable (sometimes I forgot I have connected and have the connection on all day).

Paid VPN service could pass the block easily, but cost too much..

There are many online free proxy servers..
proxyie.cn/free-web-proxy.php

Not that stable.. but hey, it's free :)
15th floor's is not free ones..

if you buy the VPN in Taobao, it only cost you 9 RMB/ month.

blocked blocked blocked- likely never going to be going again- used freegate- its free and fast.
you can use facebook, twitter, youtube and all blogging sites (and anything else banned) with it

I use a vpn (overplay.net). Costs US$10/month. Speed stays fast as they have servers located all over the world (I normally log into one of their Korean servers). Facebook and Twitter are no longer an issue for me.

Hope this helps!

David

janin_white wrote:

Hello everyone!
I am new here so it's nice to meet everyone. I would like to know if you can open your facebook accounts in Shanghai? I faced a problem with that. I've tried different computers and different internet clubs but facebook doesn't work. The same problem is with myspace - I can open my page but I can't open messages.

Hi there....as I know, FB has banned in Shanghai...so we are not expected to chat or share any information in FB...hope it will clear you....cheersss..

You can also join a site similar to Facebook, but allowed in China called RenRen.  Great way to meet Chinese people and get into the Chinese community!

just use a VPN.  You can access facebook, youtube, etc etc.  try orientalvpn.com.

ASTRILL THE BEST VPN BY FAR IN CHINA! TRY IT!!!

I am using this VPN called Private Internet Access.

For me, it's the fastest but some people say it's the same.  I haven't had any problems and its completely anonymous.  That's why I like it.  It's pretty safe and very professional.

The support staff is pretty nice too, I asked them other questions not even about their service and they helped me ^__^