Moving to Jeddah SOON!

Naveed Nawaz wrote:
tatty moula wrote:

Ive got a new offer...
This time its in Riyadh.
Housing + transportation + tickets + medical insurance (fully paid by the school)
salary: 7875 Riyals.
2 years contract
working hours: 6:45 till 2:45 (5 days per week)
What do you think???
please advice.

better than previous one good luck with this

Thanks

As a teacher Tatty, I can tell u the offer is quite good.. as an Arab teacher u usually dont get more than this..its just the place ..No offence to Riyadh lovers but for u as a new expatriate , Jeddah would be much better for u in terms of entertainment and life style..
anyways its still can be a good experience..
Best of Luck Tatty:)

tatty moula wrote:

Ive got a new offer...
This time its in Riyadh.
Housing + transportation + tickets + medical insurance (fully paid by the school)
salary: 7875 Riyals.
2 years contract
working hours: 6:45 till 2:45 (5 days per week)
What do you think???
please advice.

This is a decent offer. Congrats.

It does not matter if its in Riyadh. From my experience, Riyadh is interesting place to work. And always keep in mind that you can fly to Jeddah every month or alternative month for a weekend Umrah or relaxing for a change of air. Don't forget Dammam.

Good luck.

hi tatty,

I hope you find the best offer and enjoy your job.
you don't have relatives here in Saudi? there are many Lebanese people in ksa. in genreal tatty there are responsibilities but it's the person ability to handle the situations.

I can feel that you are strong and can survive wherever you are.
If you need help in Riyadh. please feel free to ask me.

bye :)

OsamaE wrote:

I can feel that you are strong and can survive wherever you are.

I cannot stop :lol::lol: !!! And also you are very helping... :top:

Ok, so let me dig up old posts and offer help to some young lebanese females :lol:

[moderated & banned]

Riyadh has extremes of weather - v.hot in summer and cold in winter - Jeddah tends to be nicer - warmer in winter a bit cooler in summer, although there is humidity here.

BUT, the big thing is that Riyadh is MUCH more strict and conservative wrt women than Jeddah; also the muttawa are very prevalent in Riyadh and you hardly ever see them here in Jeddah. As a single woman you would have restrictions on you in Jeddah - but nothing compared to Riyadh! That said from what I have seen there are a lot more expat social functions / women only venues in Riyadh.

If the deal is better than the one you described for Jeddah - that is they will pay for medical, insurance, recruitment etc and supply you with better accommodation deal, particularly if it is on a compound, then consider taking it.

Thanks all.
I will be arriving to Riyadh on Wednesday. Any advices?
And by the way does anyone have phone number for a good driver???

Cheers.

tatty moula wrote:

Thanks all.

Cheers.

Finally? :)
Welcome to Riyadh soon & all the best.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
tatty moula wrote:

Thanks all.

Cheers.

Finally? :)
Welcome to Riyadh soon & all the best.

Hehe ... Yup finally my visa is ready o_O

Good luck..
People say, if you could survive in Riyadh, then you can survive anywhere else :)

hi tatty

sure you have to pick jeddah . its more nice than ryadh,, you can work part time in jeddah , what you teaching ???

hi my names alfred from new jersey usa lol :p weell ive been here in jeddah for a while now and after seeing the way some of the jobs and salaries are id say they gave u a pretty good deal although they could raise your salary to 6000 but if u have any questions feel free to message me