Pay rent for a year in advance..?

I've rented a 5 bedroom house with 5 bathrooms, swimming pool etc. etc. Paid a full year in advance and moved in. Now there is major problems with the house. The electrical wiring was done wrong and every time there is a power cut one of the AC's burns out.  The microwave burned out. My laptop burned out.etc.etc. The ECG sends enough power to the house during the day but as soon as all the neighbor's come from work and starts to use power the power supply to our house goes weak and stuff starts to burn out(like the dstv last night). I've complained to the landlord but the Ghanain who owns the house lives in the UK and says there is nothing wrong with the house. So halve the week we sleep on the floor to cool down as the AC's don't work and the generator cannot pull enough power to the AC. The other halve of the week we bath in the swimming pool as the power is to weak to pump the water in the house. This house was advertised as an Exucutive House but we live like squatters and the owner threatens us that he will not refund us if we move. The guy who sold the owner the generator came to the house to look at it and told us that he told the owner that the generator is to weak to pull an AC and it can only pull enough power to keep the fridges going. What am I to do?

So sorry! Perhaps the only thing you can do is go to a lawyer and threaten legal action unless the landlord fixes the problem. Also you could tell the guy you will let the expat community know what sort of house he is offering for rent and make sure he doesn't get another tenant! Good luck!

Hi
Sorry for you,,, i feel that only thing can be done is to get a 3 phase connection from ECG, the issue is that on your particular line ECG may have proble of low voltage and its very common now a days... i also had similar issues at my previous house and the owner was able to work out with ECG to get new line to the house...
thretening the land loard may not work here, eventhough he has cheated you...

so take thing very quitely and talk nice to landload and explain ur problems and request him to help... i am hopefull and praying for u..

cheers
ash