West Legon - good advisable neighborhood?

Hello everybody!

I will soon move to Accra as my future husband has a job there. He is already in Accra trying to find a good accommodation for us. Now a possibility came up in West Legon. What do you think about this area? Is it safe? Is it well situated? Are there restaurants, fitness clubs and shopping possibilities?

What other areas would you suggest?

Thanks for any feedback. It will help us a lot to finding the right place to live in Accra.

West Legon covers a large area. It is quite a distance from central Accra. I expect you will be in some form of gated community. It will probably fine for your husband although he may find the journey to and from work to be quite long depending on where his workplace is but you might find yourself to be quite isolated as there probably won't be an expat community where you are living

Hi!
I for instance i live at Hansonic. Dansoman and it's a nice place. There re other estates at Dansoman like the Dansoman estate which Is closer to the road with restaurants, clubs, shopping places and others. U'll be closer to town.
We have Mc carthy hill, Madina estate, Hatso, Cantoment, Spintex and other places fun to live at.
All the best in ur search ok.
U can leave me a private message if you've got hard time finding a place.

East legon is good,as a music teacher i have a lots of students there ,i go there almost every week,very peacfull,restaurant everywhere.try it.Steve

Hello !!
West legion  is fine ,,!
It,a near the collage  !
Around Accra is safe  but  be carefully
With dealing with people ..
People will charge you more  because
We are outsider ..   
If you need to know more about Accra
You can e mail me
Chiso007 @yahoo.com.
Thank,s
Steve

Hi Samira,

My name is Kwabena and I work with a real estate consultancy in Accra.

My personal thoughts on your move are that the ideal areas, according to what you described as your needs, are, Labone, Cantonments, Airport or East Legon.  All of these areas have a strong expatriate prescence, and are in close proximity to the country's best schools, hospitals, gyms, malls and bars/restaurants.  These areas are also safe, have good roads, and have a consistent flow of water and electricity.  West Legon, although less pricey than the above mentioned areas, will not give you all of these benefits.

I hope you have found my advice helpful.  If you need any further
tips on moving to Ghana, you can email me at [email protected].

Good luck on your search Samira.

Best Regards,
Kwabena Koranteng