Family visa

Hi all, I was wondering is there a way to bring my family along with me when I move to KSA!

I've heard that usually I have to apply for a work / business visa, then when I'm in KSA I can get my Iqama done, after that I can apply for a family visa (family Iqama?). Is this true? And are they any legal ways to apply for visas for all of us and bring the family at the same time?

I really do not want to leave my wife and my baby behind alone even if it is for 1-2 months.

Thanks
Mike

Your company would have to agree to it as you can't sponsor them without iqama. Which to be honest is unlikely to happen Even people who are already here and have to go home to re apply for new positions. They have maybe only left country for a couple of weeks but still family hasn't been able to come back with them right away.

Normal probation period is 3months providing your on family status - you should have your iqama before then. That is when your family's visa's will be applied for. Good luck if you are trying to get it sooner. Let us know how it goes

Thanks for your input, I'm currently waiting my employer to get back to me with a number (?!) in order for me to apply for a visa here in the UK.

The employer has asked me to provide copies of my wife and baby's passports, and I already informed them that I wish my family to come with me.

So if I will be applying for them when I arrive to the KSA, I wonder why the employer had asked for copies of their passports!

Thanks
M

There are differences between work visas and business visas.

The iqama track thing you have mentioned is for work visa. You touch down, wait for the iqama to be issued and then apply for the family visa against your iqama.

The business visa is different. It's usually a multi-entry but you have to go out of KSA after specific number of days (say 30 days). As you get back, you can stay for 30 days again.

The only possibility anyone could bring family along is to get business visas issued for each family member (just like yours). I guess that's why your employer has asked for those passport copies.

I think they ask for copies in any family case. Had to give copies of my passport both times being here when hubby first did all of his bits.

Also depends on the status of employer..if you employer is a govt ministry or a "platinum status employer" then family can come with you.

(I work for a govt ministry, and my wifes visa was issued at the same as mine, we came together and then 7 days later -after having medicals redone again in KSA - our iqama's were issued.)

This is now also a benefit granted to "platinum status employers" (platinum is the category above green in the new niqat system.