Living and working in Florence

Howdie all,

After visiting Florence o holiday this year I am really considering living and working over there. I currently live in sunny Manchester, so you can hardly blame me!

My main concerns are finding work and accommodation. I'm a graphic designer by profession but there doesnt appear to be many opportunities in Florence for this so I would settle for anything really. Whats the best way to find a cheap flat to rent? I'll be moving with my brother so we'll need a place to ourselves ideally.

For work, im considering moving over and renting for a month or so until we find something. Will a bar job cover living cost? We dont mind scraping by, pretty used to it here!

Thanks in advance

ooh, not true, especially if you're British. There are opportunities for graphic designers and finding an apartment is as easy as baking a pie. I've already written several posts about it on my blog
http://movingtoflorence.blogspot.com/

Hiiii
Anyone who has an appartment to let out, i am more than interested, as i am planning to work and live in Florence for a few months!! just to try something different really.
I visited Firenze for 8 days earlier this month, thought it was fantastic, and i'm ready to go again anytime soon, but will need accomidation.
I am a single guy so anything not to big or flash will do me just fine.
Ciao

Hi there

I just saw your blog and wondered if you made the move??  I am also a northern soul (from near Middlesbrough area) but am currently living in Sydney.  I do love it here but its just so far away from family and I have always wanted to live in Italy.    So am thinking of moving there in a few months time.  Probably at early part of next year (when the aussie summer is finished!).  So I wondered if you made it, how you made it etc....

hey
im from london and am moving to florence in september. im enrolled on an art history and italian language course for 3 months. ideally i need to work part time/evenings/weekends to help me with a bit of money.
does anyone have any advice?
i dont mind what i do.
i have been working as a costume assistant for tv and film in london for the past 2 years and have a degree in theatre and performance design.
thanks

grace

Hi Graceclark! Try the Florence classifieds > job section.

Good luck
Christine

@ graceclark
How much did it cost for the classes? Could you share a url or something please?
TY!

hiyas there,

me and my boyfriend are in a similar situation
just that i already live here for almost 10 years
he is from essex and is searchign work in the area of prato /florence,....
he will move in in 2 weeks and he really wants to work something, but dont speak a word italian yet...
maybe you guys are interested in sharing some experiences soon
keep in contact if you want