How to get my south African boyfriend to germany

Hey there,

I went to South Africa in 2009 and met there my current boyfriend. After a year of studying in Cape Town I had to come back to germany and he came to visit me for 3 months. We lived to gether in germany and decided we wanna go on with this. He had to go back to CT and applied for jobs in germany, after a while he was successful and had an internship but the embassy denied his visa cause he didnt earn enough money. Afterwards my boyfriend applied again for a visitor visa which they also denied cause they were worried he wouldnt go back to South Africa. Since then we havent seen each other again, but we still wanna live together. I dont wanna get married just like this cause I havent seen him for 2 years now.

Does anybody have any ideas how to get him to germany with a work permit? Or where he could apply for a job as a web/flash designer?

I would be very happy to get any replies to my questions.

Wish you all a great weekend.

Cheers Eva

Hi Eva why don't you tell your company to give him a visiting visa?

Hi Eva, exactly he should apply for a visitor visa first. You can sponsor him, if you earn enough.  he will apply that he is coming to visit you and once he is here you can go to the Rathaus or auslandsamt to find out the the way forward.He friend of mine (south African) managed to come on a partner visa. She was not maried to the German guy but she was able to work and study with her visa.

Hey there,

thank you for your advices. I really appreciate it.

@ Mimpca, Can you maybe get further information about the partner visa? I just heard about the option to get married to him after 3 months. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers Eva

Hello Eva,  I heard that with a partner visa you have to earn enough to look after him while he will not be working. The goverment doesn't want someone that will be on social after that. You will do most of the staff like a tourist visa. You need to go to the auslander amt, ask for einlandug paper that you need to fill in at home, make an appointment and bring the following  your pay slip, proof of accommodation and bank statement. The Will give you paper that u will to pay 25 euro and u must send it to SA . Your boyfriend will take it to the embassy for his visa.
I am not too sure if I was clear enough but if u want, give me your landline or emai so we can discuss it further.

Enjoy your Easter

Dear Eva,

I am currently in a similar situation that my girlfriend lives in Braunschweig (she's going to move to Stuttgart) and i am looking for an IT job there. I think he can try to apply for jobs there. If he'll be accepted, the company can provide him a working permission.

For my opinion, that'd be better if she'd come here to Istanbul :D

Good luck for you,
Cem

Hello Eva,
Sorry i dont have that much info for you but I think you should to the auslander amt to get all the information and your boyfriend can ask the embassy of germany in South Africa. This is what i did with my husband before i moved here. Maybe the Auslander amt will give you more information. You know your country everything depend on how much your earn:)

Let me know how it goes but i will continue to ask around for u.

Hi,

It's quite not so easy but when you are lucky, it can be possible. Note that these processes of relocations take long. I got married to my German man but it took us one year to arrange all. Another way that can facilitate things is your good salary statement. If you can prove to the Auslander amt that you will care for your BF then, perhaps they can accept him a visa. Also note that, with this up and down to the german embassy in SA, they might have started to doubt him. It happened once with me, but i had to be an iron lady to prove them that i would go back to my country.

Good luck