Can you please explain the visa process?

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the visa process so here what's happened so far!

- Applied for a job.
- Interviewed by the employer.
- Received an offer.
- Accepted and signed it.
- Employer asked for a copy of my passport.

That's what happened 1 week ago, when I contacted the employer he said that my name is on the list presented to the ministry for visas.

I do not get that! How can the employer applies for a visa on behalf of me without photos, medical test, etc? Or I got that wrong?

Can you please advise how getting a visa works and the estimated time?

Thanks
Mike

They have to apply for the visa allowance as such. They only get so many visas for a certain nationality or certain job title so this is what they are doing now. Making sure they can actually get a visa for you. My husband had to come out on his SA passport as they had no allowances for a German national.

You will be told by the company when you can get on with your medical and full application soon enough. Good luck with your new job ;)

It can be a very lengthy process.  Finding out if they can get you the visa is just the first step.  Hope you didn't need a quick turn-around!

Alliecat wrote:

It can be a very lengthy process.  Finding out if they can get you the visa is just the first step.  Hope you didn't need a quick turn-around!

lol, yes well don't expect to be done in a week :)

Thanks for that! That's strange thing to hear, I've never heard of that so what if they don't have allowance for my nationality and I do not have another nationality?

When you have lived in the country for a week or so you will soon learn that is the least of your problems trying to understand "why" ... It's a question you never ask here. There is no why it just is :P

I imagine they would have told you if they were unsure about it. They told my husband straight away about the problem they might have with his nationality. If all goes bad then you would have to wait I guess. Or look elsewhere. But don't take this as a scare tactic or anything. I'm sure everything will be fine, there is always a way around things here. No doubt you will get ut here in the next couple months and be settled in in no time

I think they issue a lot of visas for Brits and Americans ... it's some of the other nationalities where they seem to be limited.

Louise.Welge wrote:

When you have lived in the country for a week or so you will soon learn that is the least of your problems trying to understand "why" ... It's a question you never ask here. There is no why it just is :P

That last sentence just about sums it up regarding life in the Magic Kingdom!

Thanks for that, I also want to bring my wife and baby girl with me, I've heard stories about arriving to KSA before them then applying to bring them to KSA.

Is this true? Is there a way to bring my family at the same time when I arrive?

I can't say I know much about the process, but I can concur on the timescale. I accepted my post on the 6th January and I'm still waiting on my visa.

I've had my medical etc., and the agent in the UK has got my passport and the paperwork from Saudi, but I believe that arrived after the person who deals with the application went on holiday and as far as I know they are not back in the UK yet!

I also understand that they are using one of their allocated visas but with a different job title which doesn't match my qualifications. I'm assured this has been approved and won't be an issue.

I hope you don't have to wait as long as me.

Good luck.

mikesharp wrote:

Thanks for that, I also want to bring my wife and baby girl with me, I've heard stories about arriving to KSA before them then applying to bring them to KSA.

Is this true? Is there a way to bring my family at the same time when I arrive?

Your company has to agree to your family as you need family status. You usually wont start their visa process' till after your probation period (normally 3 months) You may be lucky enough to convince your employers otherwise, it is possible just not common. But to be honest you will find the 3months fly past. It is easy to get family out here so dont worry about them. Just as I said so long as your on family status. Even if you are single here they can stil come on family visits but it means renewing visas every 3 months

I accepted my offer in Nov 2011, got my visa on 29th Feb, 2012.. I should land in the desert kingdom in May 2012.. I'm using the time to learn about the Saudi culture and am constantly with my Employer for all my doubts.. They have agreed to proide family visa when I decide to get married.. I hope your employer also agrees on the family status..

Ghanshyam Dave