Visa L1 issue - Please helpppppppppp

Hi all,

Please help to take a look my special case and help if you have experience in L1 visa.

- I were working for a company in my country which has headquarters in US. I got visa L1 to work with client in US. I finished assignment in US after 3 months and backed to my country for continue working. However, I resigned the company in my country 5 months later.

- At this time, my L1 visa was still NOT expired (1 year) so I use it to re-enter US again and NOW I am living in US. When going to airport, they accept 3 years by stamping on I-94. It means I can live in US in 3 years.

- Currently, my L1 visa expired, however, I-94 is still valid to 2015. So, I have some below concerns

+ Could I stay eligible in US to 2015 that was defined on I-94?
    + If I can stay in US to 2015, can I legally find a job? Do other company accept L1 visa when they hire me? Or, they have to sponsor other visa before hiring me (Ex: H1B, Green Card, etc ...). If they don't sponsor other visa for me, are there any ways i find a job?
    + Although my visa expired but I-94 is still valid to 2015, could I extend my Visa so I can back to my country and return to US again?
    + Could I apply Green Card? I heard that we can apply Green Card with L1 visa, is it correct?

Thank you very much for your helps.

Hi tonytran822012 and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to take a look at the different threads of the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.

tonytran822012 wrote:

Hi all,

Please help to take a look my special case and help if you have experience in L1 visa.

- I were working for a company in my country which has headquarters in US. I got visa L1 to work with client in US. I finished assignment in US after 3 months and backed to my country for continue working. However, I resigned the company in my country 5 months later.

- At this time, my L1 visa was still NOT expired (1 year) so I use it to re-enter US again and NOW I am living in US. When going to airport, they accept 3 years by stamping on I-94. It means I can live in US in 3 years.

- Currently, my L1 visa expired, however, I-94 is still valid to 2015. So, I have some below concerns

+ Could I stay eligible in US to 2015 that was defined on I-94?
    + If I can stay in US to 2015, can I legally find a job? Do other company accept L1 visa when they hire me? Or, they have to sponsor other visa before hiring me (Ex: H1B, Green Card, etc ...). If they don't sponsor other visa for me, are there any ways i find a job?
    + Although my visa expired but I-94 is still valid to 2015, could I extend my Visa so I can back to my country and return to US again?
    + Could I apply Green Card? I heard that we can apply Green Card with L1 visa, is it correct?

Thank you very much for your helps.

Actually I gave the wrong information, I am still employee of my company. I want to take non-paid leave for 6 months and my company accepted. Could you please tell me the next steps I should do because I want to look an chance to live in US? I intend to continue to go to school, is it possible?

Hi,

You'd rather ask the professionals and the experts to be certain of the correct answers to your queries.  Try looking for immigration law firms in the city, there are a few who offer free consultations.

nimf