Thinking of moving to Malta

"Malta also does not charge capital gains tax on property sales after three years of ownership, " IF its your primary residence

"The number of British Expats in Malta is estimated at 15 000." - by whom ? thats more like the number of foreigners in total

hammersfan wrote:

Hi Julian,

I'm sure we agree and the only reason I commented was that although this is a great forum with some terrific people posting on it and providing a lot of great information - my only concern for people who come here wanting to know what Malta's like is that for the most part the people that have had an unfortunate time in Malta and have moved on have also stopped posting and so it's a pretty self-selecting group of generally happy-with-and-enthusiastic-about-Malta people who post...it's absolutely no criticism of anyone just a reality that means even though you guys try to be fair and honest, people coming to the forum are not getting the full depth and breadth of opinions about what it's like to live in Malta, because a very important voice is missing - those that have tried and failed to make a success of it.

Having said all that - it's a great adventure moving to any new country and in Stephen's situation (as far as I know it from what he's said) I would be very tempted to try it out too.

Cheers
Tim

Very well said and thank you for that perspective :)