Football riots

my heart is heavy watching the news unfold. 73+ deaths over a football match? each one of those killed were somebody's loved ones...i'm so sorry to read this. rest in peace.

R.I.P all fans :'(

don moe wrote:

R.I.P all fans :'(

watching the video footage makes your blood turn cold and there were children in the stadium as well.

glad to see you were'nt there moe.

sadly, this is huge...all over the news in the west...this is not the type of media attention egypt needs right now either

just awful

It was just a football match
But what heppened means that it was well organized!

don moe wrote:

But what heppened means that it was well organized!

I hear that a lot now from almost everyone i know...

Suzie Que wrote:

my heart is heavy watching the news unfold. 73+ deaths over a football match? each one of those killed were somebody's loved ones...i'm so sorry to read this. rest in peace.

it was very saaaad :( ,,,,

more 70 ppl killed

Allah Yrhamhom.

yes emeiy, i too can't get over the number dead and feel so disturbed from the reports and of course the photos of the families. as one player said "is life so cheap?" one mother was quoted in our press here as saying "i don't care about the football match, just give me my boy!" ugh...these boys/men mattered to someone. they were someone's brother, son, husband, uncle or father. it's just senseless. personally i feel the players who retired were correct. the event has no doubt changed their lives for ever as well.

but i don't like how the media in the west immediately framed the event against all egyptians. this is not fair. it makes me shake my head in frustration. just look at the out pouring of grief and you see egyptians are outraged.

My condolence to the family and loved ones of the victims. I feel very very sad for those fathers and mothers who lost their sons.
May they rest in peace.

i was in the match
very depressed and ppl were dying infront of me
i cant believe or sleep

cairo-soccer wrote:

i was in the match
very depressed and ppl were dying infront of me
i cant believe or sleep

i am so sorry. you must be in shock. it is horrible enough to read the stories of what happened. try to speak to people you trust - i know it's not "masculine" perse but you need to get the trauma out of your mind/heart/soul/body. i will pray for you.

thnx Suzie yes i cant get it out of my mind
even when i sleep i have nightmares
i canr imagine what happened

I guess that the massacre was made by coincidence its not the first time in Egypt to play a soccer game, the number of deaths is really high and this means that it was all planned by someone who is in power...I think its the right time for the SCAF to step down

cairo-soccer thank God you are safe. Things happen for a reason and whose ever lives were lost cannot be replaced. Somebody is responsible for this and nobody gets away in this world or the next world. Just stay safe and take care.