8TH DISTRICT in Budapest- Jozsefvaros

Dear everyone,

we would like to know what kind of district is the 8th district, Jozsefvaros in Budapest.
To be specific, we have read on web and forums that it's not so good and not so safe, but that there are better parts of it. Concretely, we are interested in the street named Fuveszkert utca.
The prices of one-room apartments in that district/street?
Safety?
Can anyone simply tell us some advantages and disadvantages of the district and that street?
We would really appreciate it!
Regards, J&I

Hi, my suggestion is to wait for the confirmation of that flat, the Hungarians call the VIII district as "Ghetto", not as Jewish quarter, but as a real bad place, by the way you can find better for less in a central position, if you are young, using public transportation and and preferring for sure, more safe areas.
Don't forget: as foreigner in Budapest, you are just a lemon to squeeze.
For any help please, let me know.
Cheers

thank you for response, could you tell us the names of agencies where we could find apartments in better districts, and for less money, and that the agency is reliable and doesn't ripp us off?
have you ever found out something about IBUSZ agency? because we are the erasmus students and that's the only agency that was offered to us.
do you know some interesting/safe/cheap districts in budapest, and that they are in the centre of it (near the eotvos lorand university)?
thank you once again!
:)

Dear Ladies,
I'm are very happy to give you an help, but, please, give me some few days to find something, because I'm not a real estate agent.
To resume: you need a one room flat for one year.
Another suggestion, ask always quotation in forints not Euro, you must change yourself the money in forint, eventually I will tell you where to make a better deal, but don't pay in euro!!!
It's the only way to have a fixed rate for your rent.

Keep in touch

IBUSZ? :))) Pff...hahaha...well, you can look up some agencies: dh.hu, oc.hu, remax.hu and so on...

Fuveszkert street is hmm....well, not extremely bad, but not the best place in the City, close to some not very good streets. Also 8th district is CCTV monitored, so it's not as bad as it was, but when you see it real, you think, that you don't want to go to some parts. All other inner districts are OK: 1,2,3,11,12 - Buda side - 5,6,7 (partly), 9 (partly), 13, 14. Others are too far or not much interesting.

Hi,

Let me know if you are still looking for an apartment to rent.  I have a 1 bedroom in District I for HUF 110 000 plus utilities.

Thanks

110.000 HUF
you must be joking, what do you have...a castle????