Information on the Dominical Area & Relocating to Costa Rica

We are a "baby boomer" couple from NJ planning on retiring next year. We would like to spend at least 6 months of the year in the Dominical area. We have visited four times in the past two years and although we have explored other areas of Costa Rica we are always drawn back to Dominical. We are planning a "due diligence" trip in August. We have been following many of the forums on the internet with interest. We visited with ARCR on our last trip for the specifics about residency and have read numerous books on the topic.   And we are learning Spanish, slowly sometimes very slowly, but we are learning.

We would like to hear from others regarding the Domical area. Any advice or personal experience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Randy & Karen

Hi Karen and Randy,

We have owned property in Uvita for several years now and love that part of CR.  I think you will be very happy there.  I just wrote a blog about our latest trip down that way and a fabulous day at Canos Island we had.  Beautiful.

Kelly Kittel

PS  IF you are interested in building we have a beautiful lot with a view of the whale's tale for sale.

Hi Kitty

Thank you for the info.  I'm looking forward to reading your blog.  We also enjoy Cano Island. 

Karen & Randy