Lung Scars

i just came in dubai on visit visa and fortunately i got hired. then i i go for medical. first blood test then xray. after the xray the radilogist told me to go to room i forgot the number. after that go to another room for blood test and sputum. i gave 3 sputum for 3 consecutive days. i dont know the result but after almost a month or should i say 3-4 weeks i go to in the middle of no where for the irish scan and visa cancellation. after 3-4 days of my visa was cancell i've got deported. i read in internet that when a person do an irish scan he/she is permanently ban in dubai. i go to the hospital here in philippines if my tb is active or not. the result is negative for sputum. i also read a person who have lungscar can go back in dubai if she/he will process for the attestation of medical certificate in uae embassy. i just want to know if its true or not. in my passport there is no stamp of life time ban or any ban. they stamp only exit stamp at airport. i just want to ask in my visa cancellation there is number 9 in ban. i mean ban 9 permanent. i just want to ask if its a 9 years ban, 9 months ban or life time ban. thanks

We are all the same guys! Don't bother to try all the GCC or middle east country.  We are not welcome there.

Singapore accepts applicant with lung scar provided you are negative in your sputum and skin test for TB.  They will conduct a series of test when you pass meaning you're FIT to work. Medical clearance will be release and you are legally qualified.

Been here since last year april 2013. 

Im an Architect by profession.

"Losing hope is losing your future"

Hi! everyone with the same case,
I'm currently in the Philippines and working in a private company, and I am planning to apply for a job in Dubai via "direct hiring" for the very first time. But, reading all the posts/replies here gave me hesitations to try. I also have a left-lung scar due to minimal PTB happened wayback early 2000's. I have undergone 6 months of medications and I am now completely healed. I have my medical certificates from different Pulmonologists here in Manila, clearing from PTB.

- Will they honor those medical certificates if  I have my medical examinations in Dubai?
- For those who had Chest X-ray done in Dubai: had you lend them your previous chest x-rays for comparison? 
  Just like here in the Philippines, we just need to lend the radiologist our previous chest x-ray, everytime we're having Annual Physical Examination. If scars are stable, no sputum tests are needed and we're fit to work! Is this kind of procedure applies in Dubai?

Thanks and Goodluck to all of us!

Hi! everyone with the same case,
I'm currently in the Philippines and working in a private company, and I am planning to apply for a job in Dubai via "direct hiring" for the very first time. But, reading all the posts/replies here gave me hesitations to try. I also have a left-lung scar due to minimal PTB happened wayback early 2000's. I have undergone 6 months of medications and I am now completely healed. I have my medical certificates from different Pulmonologists here in Manila, clearing from PTB.

- Will they honor those medical certificates if  I have my medical examinations in Dubai?
- For those who had Chest X-ray done in Dubai: had you lend them your previous chest x-rays for comparison? 
  Just like here in the Philippines, we just need to lend the radiologist our previous chest x-ray, everytime we're having Annual Physical Examination. If scars are stable, no sputum tests are needed and we're fit to work! Is this kind of procedure applies in Dubai?

Thanks and Goodluck to all of us!

Fortywinks,

It's all up to you! But I would'nt recommend! All with lung scar is not accepted in middle east!

If you are presently working and force to resign because of the offer in any middle eastern country, please don't even try it. You'll ended up with nothing.

Lung scare is permanently band in Gulf.....all they are using outdated technology...but i read in net that they are going to change law

zerrlanz wrote:

Fortywinks,

It's all up to you! But I would'nt recommend! All with lung scar is not accepted in middle east!

If you are presently working and force to resign because of the offer in any middle eastern country, please don't even try it. You'll ended up with nothing.

Thank you for the advice,Sir. By the way i am a draftsman.

I am housewife and I have the same problem with old TB scar on lung and was denied a resident visa in Dubai. I had to leave my husband behind and return to my home country. Now I also have a BAN on my passport. Does anyone know how I can get this ban lifted? and will I be able to get a visit visa?

hi,
my employer has called me to oman for medical checkup. i failed in medical checkup in gujarat, ahmedabad india. the problem is with the scar of a dot size. will i be approved 'fit' in oman?

Hi, please inform us of what happened to your medical in Abu Dhabi. We hope you are well.

From what agency you apply here in Philippines? Im applying also and have a lung scar.

Im electrical engineer from a construction firm here in manila. Thank you

@amirasoram
Hi how are you now,

Hi All!

I was applying for a certain restaurant in Abu Dhabi but unfortunately, my medical result says that I have a lung fibrosis which really shocked me. I had my last APE in my current company last February 2014 and it was cleared. I cant understand why I will be having this scar as I wasnt been through any medication due to lung disease ever since. I am planning to have a second opinion because I was confident, really confident that I am okay and healthy. Is it also possible that due to large number of people having medical exams same with me that time in that clinic, may possibly switch medical results to different people unintentionally? When I passed the employer's interview, I thought it is the start of my better career but after what happened, I felt the sadness and disappointment esp for my wife and daughter. Ofcourse I am the head of the family, I want them to give a better future, but what now? Just because of that scar that is not really contagious, my future will suffer. Need your help and advise.

Thank you and God Bless everyone!

Hey.. Keep heart. I am sure that in the end you will be in UAE soon

Hui di-onne29.....due to this lungs scare last month I declared Unfit for KSA.....n all my dream for my family hs spoiled..... Only due to scare .......nw v nvr pass GCC  medical ..how sick n v don't knew when thy vii change this outdated law .....now illness is international crime .....go n sign online petition.........

Hope 4 t best ......

Right or wrong these are the rules and regulations set down by the authorities and you must abide bt their rulings on the matter.

i have the same story,in uae the medical centre found a scar in my lungs,even though i was  never having any t.b in the past...and the doc also said that you are perfectly fine now,there is no need of treatment
these arbis are so inhumane and mad
i just want to ask that as i have a life time ban to enter uae,is their any way so i can go yo uae on visit or even on employment visa
and 2ndly
is the medical interconnected..can i go to sauida or other gulf country or they will have the same law?
thanks in advance

Anas4344

I just wonder my friend has found a lung scar also but she was able to work in dubai. Were u at dubai assigned also? A friend here in blog also has a scar but was able to work but only on dubai.. as long as the scar was just a scar

I lost my job visa on may bcs of lungs scare ........GCC are very much strict about lungs scare including Dubai ........although they are planning to change law regarding lungsscare....but when it will apply God knowns......just read about charanjeet Singh in Google....... Lungs scare are strictly not allowed in GCC

Hiii Rubirosa....
Did medical completed in UAE ??????? & can u explain the case......??????It will Very help full for us........thnx

khalidkhan82

In philippines they have seen a scar in her lung scar due to maybe she really had weak lungs and a asthma history but whn they have seen it and check she was declared fit to work in philippines bcz its a scar  and in uae medical she undergo same procedure but was not release And She now in uae working as bartender.
One member in this blog has lung scar also but was able to work also but only in dubai.
She has a scar also and was explain by uae
doctor tht one cn have a scar due to 2 weeks cough and or  primary complex whn ur just a
kid and was treated with medicine tht cn
cause scar.
I have a lung scar bcz i have weak lungs said by my doctor tht is accredited by usa.i hopefully pass the medical since im not in food industry i will work as sales rep.

khalidkhan82
Im sorry khalid i mean was had also medical at uae but was release and is was working at dubai now

Khalidkhan

https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?ti … 〈=en

Read and share rhis recent news in dubai uae for lung scar sk far tht link is the latest

same story

Rubirosa26...

.what is the recent news related lungs scars.....pzzzz share wit us...... .Thnx a lot
R GCC allowing expat with lungs scars ....??????

Any recent news about the lungs scars? Are Dubai Authorities going to change law?

robirosa hello ...merun din ako n scar.. but di nmn ako umiinum ng alak or sigarilyo. i don't know qng pnu q nag karoon nito.. almost two weeks aq nag karoon ng dry cough. bago q grumaduate......then my doctor said ptb minimal...my chances po b tlga n mkpg work pa sa dubai...hopeless po kc q ngaun....

Hi relie > can you please write in English in this English speaking forum so that everyone can understand? Thank you

Hi...i am staying in dubai. last month i brought my wife here .she is a civil engineer and like to work here.but 5 days back she got unfit result after medical checkup due to right side lung scar and she has to leave this country before october 8th. I am looking for any help or solution...please help me .....my number 0569454713

Is she active TB????? Tell them to do spetum test n all..... If she has active TB than there is no chance

Call her again on business or investor  visa

hi rubir regarding your friend who passed the medical in dubai aviog mosa samecase with lungscar can you please enlighten uswhat your friend did to pass and get working permit.i also have an offer in food industry.please share us your friend's experience

hi.. im so worried. have u encounter same situation like mine? like they have a scar in lungs under husbands visa but given an unfit medical result even if she have an attested medical certificate from her home country? is there anyone you know that have a scar on lungs but with medical certificate attested in uae embasy and given a fit result after her medical?? please enlighten me..

hi,
i have the same case with your wife. may i know where did she took her medical test? what happenend and what are the procedure? i am also under husbands visa and i will be having mu medical test these week. im so worried that i might not be given a fit result. but im praying and hoping that it will turn out well.... please let me know what happened? did she have a medical certificate with here from your home country attested by uae embassy in your country? pls... need to know your answer asap. tnx

From what I know, If they see a scar, they check to see if it's present or past TB.  If the test is negative for TB and the scar is due to something else; there is a chance that visa will be given.  However, it again depends because if you search these forums, you will find cases of people who were deported despite having tested negative on both tests.  To explain why, the tests they do are:

Mantoux Test or the skin test: This test if positive indicates that the person has either TB disease or latent TB (i.e. you have been exposed to TB and the germs are in the body but this has not resulted in a disease and may never do so). This is done by injection in the skin and then measuring the induration over a period of time.  If the swelling goes beyond a certain point, it means that the test is positive.

Sputum Test: To further isolate the findings of the above, the sputum test is done to see if the person has the disease.  This is usually positive if you have active TB.

So if both of these tests are negative, this means you don't currently have TB.  Now here is the tricky bit, it does not mean or prove that your lung scars are not due to past TB.  And at most times, the UAE authorities take a myopic view and deport you nonetheless.  There are some stories of people being allowed to stay after coming back for three months to do a sputum test (to prove that the disease doesn't develop after the "assumed" incubation period) after which the process finishes vs. being deported straight off.  There is an almost "zero" chance for getting a visa if you are in a sensitive profession e.g. medical professionals, barbers, housemaids, food industry etc.

There is a way to judge if you have ever had TB or have latent antibodies; go to any upscale lab in UAE or anywhere else and do a Quantiferon TB Gold test.  This is a blood test which looks for TB and being negative on it means there is a good chance that you never had TB nor were exposed to it.  You can take this test report with you when your medical comes up and try to convince the doctors.  Secondly, yes you can have scars due to severe pneumonia but TB scars look very very different on a chest xray. Usually, most scarring in lungs is either due to TB, inhalation of smoke (from fires, not smoking) / asbestos etc etc or other lung diseases.

Lastly, deportation for TB positives is still in place.  Yes, they are having a discussion on this and also on HIV.  However, keep in mind that for them to remove Hep C as a deport-able disease and to apply deportation for Hep B to six categories only took YEARS to materialize.  I don't expect this to change anytime soon.  Hopefully it will change in the future as the UAE has expressed its intent to revisit this policy.

i am under husband's visa and my kids are with me now in Dubai. i will be having my medical test this week or maybe next week. i have with me the medical certificate with red ribbon from Department of foreign affairs in my home country and it is authenticated also from uae embassy in philippines, stating that i am fit and that i can't harm anybody. will they honor the medical certificate that i have? pls.. do u know anyone qho encounter same as mine? i need to know. im worried. tnx

hi jcabs update us what happen when you have your medical please

i've done my medical test already but unfortunately the scar in lungs have seen but then, i showed them the medical certificate that i have with red ribbon from dfa (department of foreign affairs) and authenticated fron uae embassy in philippines but still they don't care at all because they said that its the law of uae which is the problem for not allowing the person to stay in uae with scar in lungs regardless of any reason why she/he had a scar. even if its negative or not active but still its the law that what they should obey. so the medical certificate that i have which is very expensive for authenticating in uae embassy is useless! many families have the same problem like these. they will be separated from their family/husband just because of the failed medical test due to lung scar!

jcabs2014

Sorry to hear all about this. I was expecting that your certificate will be accepted and it will open one door of hope for patients like us. Pray to change law nothing else we can do.

Hello my friends.

My story is also similar but may be the worst among all. I took up a senior level job with one of the state Oil companies in Abu Dhabi for a  handsome salary package. I had done my my complete medical ( including detailed x ray) in ADNOC clinic and was certified FIT before taking up the new job. I had worked in Oman for 18 years and also 3 years in Abu Dhabi ( in 2000 to 2003). I never had any serious diseases in my life as I could remember. I am Karate black belt and also given some karate coaching in my company clubs. I jog every day and keeping fully FIT. I underwent regular medical check up with my company for 20 years and never had any issue.

I was declared unfit by some MONKEY doctors of HAAD ( Health Authority of Abu Dhabi)after spotting a small scar in my chest X ray. I could not digest the result and first I got angry at those people who gave me the test result. I reported the issue to my company. ADNOC clinic ( also a govt body) has certified me FIT just a month before then how those monkeys can make me UNFIT. My company took me to all clinics and we did all possible tests ( CT scan, Sputum, PCR, X rays, etc) and reported to HAAD ( Abu Dhabi Health Authority). But they did not entertain me saying that they trust their doctors. it sounded so ridiculous to me deciding unfit by spotting a dot in lungs x ray.

I spent 2 months total in Abu dhabi before exiting. The trauma, I gone thru during those days are un explainable. it was not at all due to losing the job, but due to the way those idiots in HAAD treated me. They laugh at you and take your pictures with you holding a NO entry Ban, etc.  I tried my best to tell everyone how healthy I am and looked for a chance for re test.  But nobody helped. Those rule are so idiotic. I actually wanted to run away from that country. When i reached back in India, I was very happy and so relieved.
I actually wanted to file case against HAAD, discussed with a legal firm  and kept all papers ready but I was asked to leave as my employment visa's validity expired after 2 months as i was banned for resident visa.

while exiting, they have scanned my IRIS. can anyone tell me whether I can go to UAE as a tourist. They have not stamped anything in my passport. I am back in Oman as a resident now.