Whooopeee im out,,,

well i worked for a water company in england for 25 years and last year i said thats it i have had enough and finished,this year my wife got a position in Gibralar and so we have moved out im semi retired.
I have been to many countrys i like sweden and norway very much and have some friends over there but its cold in the winter and were not getting any younger so we opted for the warmth of Gibraltar,,im sad to say i have lost total confidence in the UK so wont be going back.......

Welcome on board kingofthekitchen!

Hey there!
Always nice to read new expats embracing their life and new opportunities - thank you for sharing your enthusiasm! :-)
Best, Dee

Ola Doris.
Good luck in all.
Not too far away from us.
Gibraltar is not a long way from us...Still part of UK though...the rain should be warmer.
Tchau.

I worked for local government in the UK.
Took 'early retirement' at the grand old age of 23 and moved to Ireland.
Not for the want of trying to get a job over here, but the accent used to put a lot of people off so I sort of gave up in the end.

kingofthekitchen wrote:

well i worked for a water company in england for 25 years and last year i said thats it i have had enough and finished,this year my wife got a position in Gibralar and so we have moved out im semi retired.
I have been to many countrys i like sweden and norway very much and have some friends over there but its cold in the winter and were not getting any younger so we opted for the warmth of Gibraltar,,im sad to say i have lost total confidence in the UK so wont be going back.......

Horribly expensive aswell Norway & Sweden!very Beautiful though I'm told.. I'm new to this site & just wanted to wish you luck really in your new lives.. We too are looking to ex-pat to Gibraltar this year and searching (surfing web also) for a job or shop selling Antiquities, stamps & coins in Gibraltar. Only been there twice this year and totally smitten, the people are so friendly and warm.. Do you know if Gibraltar does home-exchanges? warm wishes, Belinda

one of the reasons i decied to move to gib from uk is because of the weather, and i guess i have to say, u just made the right choice!