12 VI work visa

Hello, I am new to the forum.  My Fiance and I are in the beginning process of starting a long-term internship in Quito. We fit the requirements needed to apply for the 12-VI visa. I was wondering if any one who has completed this process could answer some questions, give me any helpful advice, or describe their experience at the consulate.   One question I have is what the Letter of Intent should contain.  Does it have to be a certain length, or can it be very brief?  Also, how does one get a degree certified by an "Apostille"? And is is literally the diploma, or a course transcript that needs certified.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks everyone.

Hi jm141302,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I wish you good luck in your search.

Christine
------------
Expat.com team

Hi JM,
I did not get the visa you're trying for, but I do know some info about the apostille. I went to Ohio University, and if you send them your degree, they will do all the work to get it apostilled. Hopefully your university is the same way. According to guidelines you can read on international degrees on SENACYT's website, you have to have the original degree and a certified copy both apostilled. However, this is only if your university is on their list of "approved" foreign universities, which you can also download from their website. I haven't actually finished this process yet, but I had my mom in Ohio send in my degrees today to get apostilled. Hopefully the process is fairly painless.

Christine