Child care in Lisbon

Hi,

when settling in a new country, working parents are mostly concerned about finding child care services for their children.

What can you share with us about the child care system in Lisbon ?

How much is daycare in Lisbon?

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

What are the usual opening hours?

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

Any daycare center in Lisbon you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?

Thank you for participating! :)

hello!
I'm Portuguese.
I'll try to answer the best way I can.

How much is daycare in Lisbon?
Prices go around 100€ minimum (if subsided trough the Social Care sistem) and can go up to 400.0 (all private schools, and centers)

Is the staff qualified at these daycare centers?

the younger staff, usually as a degree, and the older ones have, professional update courses, to keep up with the evolution in childcare education programs, many provided through the Ministry of Education.

What are the usual opening hours?

usually it keeps up with the working schedule wish can go from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
normal is from 9:00 am to 17:00 pm so for the extra hours an extra fee e charged, normally.

Do they provide other services at the daycare center?

it depends on the range of the ages and type of institution.
we have baby care, from 3 months old to 3 years, daycare centers (mostly private) and Kindergarten from 3 to 5 years old.(public and private)
the ones that have the I.P.S.S. statute, are subsidized (semi-private), by the Social Care Services, and Ministry of Education and therefore are cheaper, and the prices are set accordingly with the parents salary.
Many of these have extra-curricular activities, for kids, but the best ones are usually in all private schools.

nowadays you can have excellent activities for kids, from jazz dancing, ballet to martial arts, and horse riding,to painting, music and acting, ore gymnastics, and once I saw yoga for kids...LOOOL very nice, makes them calm :)
mostly you will find gymnastics and music for ages to 3 to 5.

Any daycare center in Lisbon you would like to recommend to other expats? What makes them special?
I will make no recommendation because there are to many, but if anyone asks I can recommend according to the address.

well I hope that this was of some help.
good luck everyone! take care!

Hello gobal!

Thanks a lot for your help :top:

Armand

Hi there,  do you know any good private creches is the st pedro de Penaferrim sintra área close to the quinta da Beloura? Please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Could you please give your care center address ?

ifte wrote:

Could you please give your care center address ?

Hello :cheers:

For info, you are participating on a thread inactive since 2013.

You may not get any response here. You can also check out our business directory:

>Nursery and kindergarten in Lisbon

Kenjee
Expat.com

Hi Jin,

This is quite a few years late, but if you are still looking for some reason, I highly recommend "O Miosótis" in Sintra. My son is over there and they are being fantastic. It's a small, lovely place where kids get to be kids and play, with two kindergarten teachers and, best of all, it's bilingual, so they speak both Portuguese and English, so they've had kids from all over the world.

You can contact them the same way I did through Facebook: facebook.com/MiosotisBercarioInfantario