Visa issues and travel to Tripoli

Can anyone share information on the current visa requirement to return to Tripoli for people with expired residency visas?

I have second hand news that some people were allowed back into Libya from Tunisia even though their residence visas were expired.

How secure is the land route from Tunisia to Tripoli?

I am sure many other people would be interested in similar information so it would be great to share the knowledge on the forum here.

Thanks.

"even though their residence visas were expired." That is total bs the new Libya is all about change my friend, ain't nobody stepping in just like that.

Yes, visas are being issued only by NTC recognized embassies. Two of my friend reached back Tripoli via Egypt and one via Malta. Maltese airline also resumed operation since last week, daily flight to Tripoli at 8:00 AM. Turkish Airline will resume from Monday.
Whereas domestic flights are already operational since EID….Tripoli --> Ben Ghazi only 50 LYD :).

Few friends reached back via TT Route (Tunis to Tripoli) and they said it's Safe but also came to know about killings during cross fire.

Good luck

Ciao

@ Rizwanch, thx for your value info but may ask u if you in Tripoli how is the current situation there and how come your friend reach tripoli via Egypt coz no flight from Egypt tp Libya untill now and as they said on News that turkish airlines will start operation next month in October  or this worng news ???

THX

I don't think that the news about Air Malta is correct. Please view the link

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … hts.383719

This article is dated 8th September and says that Air Malta is raring to get startes as soon as visa issuance by the Libyan embassies is started.

I would appreciate if verfied information is posted so people can actually use the info provided to make their plans.

I have not heard of any news on any channel mentioning the lifting of the No Fly Zone........ Did I miss that? Anyone out there read anything about the lifting of the No Fly Zone over Libya??

Here is the link about Turkish Airlines plans to restart flights to Benghazi from the 13th and to Tripoli from the 24th September.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php? … 2011-09-08

Probably the Libyan Embassy in Turkey is up and running.

Hilton, can you verify if the embassy in Ankara is issuing visas and what are the requirements from their side to issue visas?

Thanks,

@ siddiq my cpmany call me today morning and they plaaning to pick me up from Egypt to Bengazhi by bus and from Benghazi to Tripoli by plane it is terrible and i hate that plan so may be i will not be back if coz it is long trip and it takes 2 days by road .
Regarding embassy in Ankara your Trukish visa have to be supported and done by our companies.

Regards

@ Hilton: They reached via terrestrial vehicles. I find another dude reached this morning via same.

@ Siddiqi: I utterly Comprehend, the info should be authentic but you know in such conditions it is hard to get confirmation & reconfirmation. As wrote earlier about Turskih Airline, which you denied with the reason that No fly zone is still impose but later you verified that flight will resume soon. Domestic flights are also operational. I seriously don't know what will be the condition of NFZ in this case.
Moreover as mentioned in your 1st post that People are getting back to Libya with Expired Visas, I didn't asked that you should verified it before posting because its truly a false statement, rather i believed maybe in some conditions they allow expired visa holders to get in, possibilities are there.
Above all it is not wise to make your plans based on blogs or others experiences.

Rizwanch,

I specifically mentioned in my first post that the news I had was second hand and I was looking for confirmation of the same.

Again on the Turkish Airlines issue, I posted the link to the article for everyone to read.

Similarly for the Air Malta news article.

I started this discussion for the very purpose of gathering information that can be used by people having interest in returning to Libya.

I hope we can gather sufficient "first hand" information on the forum here to be of value to the membership as a whole.

That's what this forum is for and that is why everyone writes about to share info with each other.
If you find any ambiguity it does not mean source is deceitful.  Scrupulously, asking someone to do complete homework before writing blogs under such conditions is not justify.
I will try to get more information for you. Please do contact Libyan embassy in your area for more information of visa.

I wish you safe return.

Rizwan Chaudhry

It is true alot of foreigners have been let in without visa some of which are people who are willing to volunteer and cover the situations like journalists and photographers, besides the ones who have their families here also returned.