Need Brazilian Immigration Lawyer for Visa

Hello everyone! I'm seeking a Brazilian immigration lawyer  who can help me and my husband with getting a visa for Brazil. We plan to be there at least one year. Does anyone know of any reliable attorneys who can help us? Thank you.

It would be a good idea to seek an immigration attorney local to where you plan to live in Brazil. Where will that be?

@Peter Itamaraca Thanks for your reply. We'll be in São Paulo.

03/28/25    Hello everyone! I'm seeking a Brazilian immigration lawyer  who can help me and my husband with getting a visa for Brazil. We plan to be there at least one year. Does anyone know of any reliable attorneys who can help us? Thank you.

-@marcyrw

Good morning.  What would be the basis for your stay of more than the six months you'd be allowed anyway as tourists in Brazil  - e.g, study , volunteer  work,  investment,  artistic pursuits, etc.?  There's a range of visitor visas available that don't require attorney involvement.

@marcyrw Good morning. I have retained with great satisfaction the services of those two law firms for immigration matters (and other matters):www.andersenballao.com.brwww.amorimlawfirm.comTheir counsel speak English.Good luck

I used Amorimlawfirm.com for my retirement visa. I was very satisfied.

@abthree  my daughter and her family are going to be in São Paulo Brazil for at least 14 months and up to three years. They have two small children, our grandchildren, and we are basically their caregivers. And, of course, we would like to be near our family. So I'm looking at either a family reunion visa or potentially a retirement visa if, they decide to stay.

@Soliloquy20203 Thank you so much for your recommendation.  it's very helpful.

03/28/24   @abthree  my daughter and her family are going to be in São Paulo Brazil for at least 14 months and up to three years. They have two small children, our grandchildren, and we are basically their caregivers. And, of course, we would like to be near our family. So I'm looking at either a family reunion visa or potentially a retirement visa if, they decide to stay.

-@marcyrw

If your daughter and her family have not applied for their own visas yet, I would suggest that they talk to the Brazilian Consulate about the possibility of applying for Family Reunion visas (VITEM XI) for you and your spouse at the same time.  It's a bit unusual, but the law does foresee the inclusion of parents and grandparents for this type of visa, and the fact that you're caregivers for the children will work in your favor.  If granted, your visas will probably be scheduled to expire with those of your daughter's family.

If they're already in Brazil, you can still contact the Consulate on your own and inquire about VITEM XI visas for the two of you.  The retirement visa (VITEM XIV) is also a posssible option for you.  You can find a complete list of VITEM visas and their requirements on the website of the Brazilian Consulate resonsible for your state.  Best of luck to you on your adventure!

@marcyrw I hold the record for worst cases when it comes to Brazilian Immigration. I will say that @abtheree has been very helpful all the way. Like all situations DETAIL's Matter.\

# Identify where you are (Brazil, USA) now and where you want your VISA to be to.... some items such as the FBI Background Check should be done if you are in the USA.

# If you have a target VISA. Digital Nomad, Family Reunion. Mention that.

# Make sure your documentation is clean and accurate. Mine was slightly de-railed because of inaccuracies.

# Make sure it is not expired etc.

# Know that sometimes the inaccuracies will delay your process. My name change was never properly registered on my Birth Certificate by the agency in one state to my birth location. and it took several weeks in the USA to get it corrected.  I also had to go to the USA twice to get my FBI Fingerprints because they expired, due to lateness with my lawyers.

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg

In the End the easiest way is really to get someone who had done that that Visa before and has recommendations to prove it. There is a heck of a lot of confidence with someone who has done it has vs. someone who thinks they can.

I have a friend using this person. Very good English

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Please share contact details in private. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct