Looking to move to Spain need recommendations

Hello all,

Thank you for the warm welcome in the Forum.

I am a german citizen in my mid twenties looking to move to Spain. My top location currently is Mallorca, but I'm having a hard time finding accommodation. I've looked on Idealista and other forums. Any other recommendations?

Any tips would be appreciated.

@massimombetse

Hello and welcome on board !

Please note that I have created this new thread from your post on the Spain forum so that members can share some recommendations with you.

You may create a "looking for" advert in the Housing in Spain section of the website should you want to receive offers.

You may also browse through the few websites listed at the end of the Accommodation in Spain article.

All the best

Bhavna

@massimombetse

It's sometimes a bit hard to do remotely. As you're an EU citizen, it's very easy to relocate to any EU country, including Spain. So I would suggest you rent something short-term (e.g. booking dot com or airbnb dot com) for a couple of weeks and get yourself over to look at things in person. There are plenty of local agents who can show you a few rentals.

There are also plenty of great places to live in Spain, so I don't think you need to limit yourself to Mallorca. It's lovely, but pretty touristy/expensive, in my opinion. And it depends what you're gonna do in Spain. If you're gonna be chilling on a beach, and clubbing in Palma, then it's great. But if you need to work a large mainland city might be a better pick.

Idealista is a good property website, for sales and rentals, and has plenty of listings all over Spain. So I'm sure it has quite a few rentals in Mallorca too. But even dinky studios are 600-800 euros.