New members of the Mauritius forum, introduce yourselves here - 2024

@theresa93

Hello and welcome on board !

Glad you joined in !

Feel free to attend our afterwork tomorrow if you wish, you'll get to meet members and staff members of Expat.com : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1065678

Cheers

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Hello

As we are members at the Beach Club, we have already booked and looking forward in meeting everyone....Thank you 1f600.svg

@Julien

Hallo - we are based in Dubai and have bought a property in Mauritius -  off-plan - so hope to be able to explore more once that is completed suppose to be February 2025 on the East Coast.

@nikschfam

Hello and welcome on board !

If you have any questions, feel free to initiate a new thread on the Mauritius forum for better visibility. We will try to help you.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello everyone,

I'm Andreas, 50 years old, and I'm thrilled that this forum exists and that I get to be a part of it. As an IT professional looking to transition to remote work. I'm planning to spend the winter months from October to March working from Mauritius while continuing to reside in Germany for the rest of the year. Eventually, my family and I are considering the possibility of permanently relocating to Mauritius somewhere in future.

I'm here to exchange experiences, share tips, and learn from the insights of other expats. My aim is to facilitate a smooth transition and prepare myself as best as possible for living and working on this beautiful island. I'm particularly interested in purchasing a property in Mauritius to establish a home for our family.

This summer (July) I plan to visit the first time in my live Mauritius!

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and embarking on this exciting journey together.

Best regards,

Andreas

@zandiz

Welcome on board, Andreas !

Glad you joined in and that you took the time to introduce yourself.

If you have any questions, feel free to open a new thread on the Mauritius forum to seek advice from members.

All the best

Bhavna

@nikschfam - Hi, we are also moving into an off plan property on the East Coast, which was supposed to be ready in September but was recently postponed to February 2025 - I wonder if it is the same development? Please do contact me privately if you would like to. Good luck with everything! Lindsay.

He everyone I am a trained and qualified teacher in Higher Teachers Certificate Secondary and Diploma Association of Chartered Certified Accountant ACCA. I have been serving as a polyvalent teacher in the both Primary and Secondary school sectors over the past couple of years. I am warmly in need of Mauritius work Visa.

@tambasallieu5

Hello and welcome !

Feel free to create your detailed CV in the Jobs in Mauritius section and to read the Mauritius Guide to gather as much information as possible about job and visa.

If you have any question following your reading of the Guide, feel free to ask.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello everyone,

Nice to meet y'all. I moved to Mauritius in Jan 2024 with my husband. Originally I am from the US. Loving Mauritius. I am still settling and looking forward to learning more from Expat.com.