Proof of accommodation for D7/residency visa changed?

The Portugal Government's new e-version of the application for a residency visa does not include the requirement for proof of 1-year accommodation. We have applied online for a residency visa, but the request for supporting documents does not include proof of accommodation. Can anyone validate this?

Thank you,

Pam

Hi Pam,

One of the requirements is evidence of adequate housing (owning, renting).

https://imigrante.sef.pt/en/solicitar/residir/art77-1/

I don't know which form you're referring to.

If you can post the link here, it would be helpful to understand what you're talking about.

Thank you for your quick reply. When we visited the Portuguese Consulate in Canada last week (for my meeting) they definitely wanted proof of accommodations, and I had it with me. They also wanted proof that the landlord had registered the property with the Government of  Portugal, for tax purposes, I think. The landlord has not yet responded to our request for that proof. 

I wonder if that's a common issue.

@pwinternational

Yes. That's common. The landlord must register the lease at the tax office and he must pay a tax called "Imposto de selo". That's what you need to ask him for.

The proof of accommodation is part of the means of subsistence as these have a legal meaning and are specified under the immigration law.