Cost of living in Cairo

Hi, I'm moving to Cairo in a day.
Is 6000 Egyptian pounds a month for one person (not including rent) just to get by with enough to live on?
Comfortably? Scrimping or?

And, would you say around 580 Egyptian pounds per week is enough to live on in Cairo?

Thank u very much !!!

T.

topsy_london wrote:

Hi, I'm moving to Cairo in a day.
Is 6000 Egyptian pounds a month for one person (not including rent) just to get by with enough to live on?
Comfortably? Scrimping or?

And, would you say around 580 Egyptian pounds per week is enough to live on in Cairo?

Thank u very much !!!

T.

6000 for transportation, food .....etc. is nice. Not too much, but not little (unless you want to go clubbing and drinking frequently). You wouldn't be scrimping, but don't expect too-fancy outings on this money.

580/week on the other hand might not be enough.

Also, would you cook at home most of the time or eat out? Because this makes a really big difference.

Just to imagine how much everything would cost :

Bottle of mineral water (1.5 Liters) : 2.5 Pounds

Can of coke : 2.5 Pounds

One kilo of meat (raw) : anywhere between 40 and 100 pounds depending on cut, quality and kind of meat (beef, lamb ...etc.)

One kilo of chicken (raw) : around 20 for raw whole chicken, 30 for fillet ....

Vegetables are cheap don't worry. Fruits are cheap except imported ones (cherries for instance).

As mentioned above its true as 6000 EGP is normal but as its including rent so I guess it depends on the area u will be living in
As u can share a flat with some one which is cheaper,from my point of view

But am sure u will live a normal life and will go enjoy outings like all of us do
But u won't be able to save money future wise :)

Good luck

don moe wrote:

As mentioned above its true as 6000 EGP is normal but as its including rent so I guess it depends on the area u will be living in

But am sure u will live a normal life and will go enjoy outings like all of us do

Good luck

He said not including rent :D ......

Thanks a lot for your advice. Appreciate it!
It's not including rent 6000 is just to live on per month :D
I think it seems ok , not overly comfortable not scrimping either!
:) cheers guys

The Egyptian wrote:
don moe wrote:

Good luck

He said not including rent :D ......

I understood now as u know always am replying while driving plus via my BB :P

(moderated: off topic. please post in the Cairo classifieds. Thanks)