English speaking banker at Santander or Itau in Sao Paulo?

(in fact I believe it could be anywhere in brazil)

I would like to open a checking and aadvantge black card at Santander.  My income is sufficient, but trying to do this in PT for me at this point is a nightmare.  Thanks so much!  This is an awesome website......

I m Santander costumer the banks is all the same no person speak Ingles or Español. Just portueges is very rare to found some people where talk ingles wish you luck

Go to the Banco Santander website.

Use a translation program, or change your browser settings to auto translate the webpage to english.

Contact them directly thru their site and ask for assistance in locating an English speaking branch. You'll probably have to try their private banking department to be honest......and, if you have enough money to get in the door, you should be dealing with Banco Safra, as they are awesome IMHO.

In the Itau personalite in Barao Geraldo, Campinas there are two people that speak decent english so I think most banks will at least have someone who speaks some English.  I have to say that despite that we have many isseus with Itau and the englsih speakers don't help with that.  It took me a year to get my bank card with my actual name on it at Itau. 

Thanks for all the info.  Safra would be great, I don't have sufficient income in Sao Paulo to qualify I am quite sure. I have tried to use Safari and translate the webpage, but can't figure out how to send them a personal message.  It's all qr codes to do things or direct websites to apply, which I have done in the case of Itau Infinite Blue  Azul Visa.  I have not heard yet.  Banking here is a nightmare.  I only want he card as it's the most similar to a USA card in terms of perks (Gold Alliance lounge access outside Brazil, which is handy for United flights.).  Azul looks to be a very decent airline, for international flights might be worth their blue bus to VCP. 

Most cards in Brazil are nothing like the sign-on bonuses that are given with the Azul Infinite Visa.  If you fly American Airlines, you.  can't beat the Santander Advantage Black M/C.  With a contra corrente the income requirement is a modest 12,500/month, which I have.  I tried with them by only applying for the card a year ago and they said no with no reason.  It's very different here.  Since my CPF is clean (according to my Bradesco banker) I thought I would reapproach them by opening a contra-corrente and card package with a good-sized opening deposit in the checking account.  It sounds like I am not going to have either or both of these cards and be relegated to the really junky "Livero" points for the foreseeable future.  If anyone (i.e. the Campanas Itau) could give me a direct number and name to:

[link moderated] I would be most grateful.  Thanks again.  Those are my USA airline's best options for cards in Brazil.  Now to get them approved!  MyCPFf is 3 years old.  Hopefully that will help somewhat, and I hope myanalysiss also helps.  I have a guy atBradescoowhot speaks perfectEnglishh if anyone needs the numbers let me know.  Roderick

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@rsrenfrew

Hello, please note that contact details/mails/phone numbers should be shared in private. Click on the member's photo or username then choose the send a message option.

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Ok, thanks.

(in fact I believe it could be anywhere in brazil)
I would like to open a checking and aadvantge black card at Santander.  My income is sufficient, but trying to do this in PT for me at this point is a nightmare.  Thanks so much!  This is an awesome website......

-@rsrenfrew

They do not advertise for this.  Your best ways to go about are....

1.Go to the US Consulate,.They publish these monthly rags where people solicit for expat services. 

2.Bank clerks,  are severely underpaid in Brazil. You will be lucky to get a branch manager that does have proeficiency in  English. These banks do not advertise on such.  Most likely, you might find one by a Bank near where all expats congregate ( Sao Paulo by Avenida Paulista, Vila Mariana, Vila Madalena, Santo Amaro/Granja Julieta/Chacara Santo Antonio. The latter one by the Purple line.

3.Get a person you can trust to help you through all of this and is proeficient in both languages.

@sprealestatebroker

That is very interesting information that i was totally unaware of!

Re: A bank with a credit card with Valuable points: (while I am no fan of American Airlines, it seems to be the best deal in the country-frequent flier benefits and points are a hobby of mine):

The Santander at the branch on 1374 Paulista is supposedly the "international" branch.  If you are firm, they have managers there that speak English, just like you said, Paulista.  But that apparently is the international branch.  The first person they give you may try to use Google translate and be totally unhelpful (no I don't have a utility bill as i am currently renting, but a fiber optic permanent internet is equivalent to a utility bill, like the landline starting in 2000!).  Kkkkkkk

If anyone is in need I will privately give you the name of the lady who is pretty proficient in English and a manager,  best bet is to have a friend who owns a medium-sized company privately and is an important client for the bank vouch for you!  That's how I got my Bradesco Prime account, whose credit cards give Livero points (and conveniently convert membership rewards points to Livero points) which are virtually worthless (800,000 points RT VCP-Europe in Business class!).  Maybe it's less as the departure gets closer, but I was appalled at the worthlessness of them!

As far as an English speaking bank manager is concerned, I am not sure that city and location make much difference - rather the desire and education of the individual concerned. The last 2 managers of Caixa (the only bank) on the island of Itamaracá in NE Brazil where I live both speak excellent English, and the one who has left to work in the city still maintains contact with some foreigners here and continues to help them...

@rsrenfrew Good News 1f604.svg / Bad News 1f641.svg My banker at Banco Do Brazil speaks fluent English.

I live in Northeastern Brazil and this banker is in Jericoacoara. Good Luck .

Roddie in Retirement1f575.svg