NuBank, Wise, Remessa Online…??

So I recently got an account with NuBank (the purple one), and I seem to be able to do pretty much everything I wanted/need to, which is mostly use PIX, and get cash and pay with less fees than by using a foreign CC for everything.

But here's the thing: it's not possible to receive international bank transfers directly to my account, and according to the corresponding help section in the app, this is just how it is. You don't get a number like Swift or IBAN. Instead, they recommend to use a service called Remessa Online, which I guess does the same as Wise does (function as an intermediary to make and receive payments to / from international banks). Now it's not like this is a service that is completely integrated, meaning you would have to open an account with them, and probably install an app.

So here's my question: would that be worth it if you already have a Wise account? I haven't used Wise a lot yet, but it's easy to use, it seems to be fast and it's said to be reliable (right?).

So in my case,  the only reason to have an account with another service would be if Wise was frequently unavailable or slow (which wasn't the case so far), or if the fees would be a lot lower. Also, even if it was unavailable from time to time, I could still use my foreign CCs, so it wouldn't even matter all that much

Does anyone have experience with NuBank and Remessa Online? is there an advantage over Wise? 

remessa is a Brazilian company and is 100% reliable in case of problems it will be easy to resolve. but wise can close your account overnight. I recommend remessa international and the costs are lower and easy to create

@Kurterino

i have used Wise to send $ to my NU Bank acct for 3 years. 👍🏻

I use Wise into my nubank account. Wise now supports PIX transfers and its instantaneous. You need to use the Website and not the phone app to do PIX transfers with Wise.

I have been using Wise for many years, to transfer from UK to Brazil and Argentina, never had any issue. I have a Iti account (Itau's digital Bank) and the money arrives in 1 or 2 days. I do small transfers only.

@Owen TODAN What cases have you experienced where Wise closes an account?

@Kurterino

As has been avdised on other threads before, NuBank does not work with IBAN or SWIFT. You need to open a proper bank account in Brazil, with permanent visa, in person, to achieve that...

I have not used Wise with Brazil.  I only used it to send to friends and companies I import from China and the rest of Asia.  I never had an issue.

I use Wise monthly with Banco do Brazil.  Transfers are via PIX and are completed instantly.

I use Wise into my nubank account. Wise now supports PIX transfers and its instantaneous. You need to use the Website and not the phone app to do PIX transfers with Wise.

-@duzzimenino

That's a really good advice for people who dont have (yet) a local account  Pix -when used carefully-  really makes a lot of things considerably easier.

I use Wise monthly with Banco do Brazil.  Transfers are via PIX and are completed instantly.

-@mikehunter

Me,  too.

Alan

So to summarize, both Wise and Remessa Online are reliable and easy to use, and they both have similar fees. In other words, for someone like me (who already has a Wise account), there's no reason to open an account with Remessa, and vice-versa. Right?

No.

You need multiple functioning accounts....... "money tunnels"........we use 4 different ones every month for transfers in both names. So 8 accounts spread over 4 services.

@Gasparzinho 777

And why the need to do so?

I had a good experience using Revolut, a prepaid debit card. The exchange rate is quite good, and 1% fee is applied only on weekends for currency exchange. I use it for payments only, I wouldn't recommend using it if you plan to get cash from an ATM.