Affordable areas to live in Mexico

Hi everyone,

My name's Rachel, and I've just joined this forum. I'm in Guanajuato til Fr, will have been here a week total. My partner, Tom, and I have had the idea for a while to move to Mexico. Coyoacan in the city (probably too expensive for us) or Guanajuato. Obvi, plan to return for a longer stay.

I haven't looked at listings, so I can't help there. But have inquired about affordable areas, and ones with space to make a garden. We've been recommended the area around El Museo de las Momias, where we're staying now; Pueblito de Rocha; Marafil; Santa Teresa; and Valencia.

If anyone has advise for me, much thanks! I speak Spanish.

Happy to be on this forum.

Rachel

Hello Rachel and welcome on board !

Please note that I have opened a new thread from your post on the Mexico forum since you posted on an old thread where all members have been inactive for several years now (including the OP who hasn't participated for the past 5 years)

I hope active members will help you out on this new thread.

Till members share their feedback, feel free to read the Accommodation in Mexico section of the Guide.

All the best

Bhavna

Much appreciated, Bhavna! I didn't notice that the thread was from 2018.

I look forward to hearing from people living in Guanajuato. Maybe even Dolores Hidalgo. I'll visit La Colonia Valenciana tomorrow before we head home to plan our next, longer exploratory trip here.

Gracias a todos.

Rachel