Marrying in Egypt - Notary

Hello!

My fiance (Egyptian) and I are planning on marrying in Egypt in July 2023.  I looked at the process on how to do this as an American.  As per, US embassy in Cairo website, they mentioned that I need to schedule an appointment for a notary.  However, our lawyer is wondering if I can get it from here in the US, to make the process faster.  Is that possible and if yes, what kind of notary am I requesting and where can I get this?

If not, how long does it take to get the notary.

Thank you!

@Linn0156 Why not just marry here in the U.S.? Then go to Egypt and have a Egyptian wedding, if that's what he wants. Question? Is he Muslim or No? Are you Muslim, or no? Also, Yes you need to make an appointment with the U.S. Embassy first, make sure you have copies of everything in English and Arabic. The Embassy will tell you and your fiance where to go next. The place to get married in Egypt is on Tahir Square. That place is a nightmare, Go to the 2nd floor. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 11 months ago
Reason : inappropriate advice
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I await a response with interest. My daughter is marrying an Egyptian man in Egypt (we are in the UK) and I am going around in circles trying to find what paperwork she will need. 

It's much better to get married at US as preferred.. but if you already ready to make it here ,,, will need form signed and stamped from USA that you are single.. and one more that you are Christian.. I mean in general a out your religion.. then at Egypt one lawyer can make and handle it or can simply went to Cairo needs only 3 times to finish the process

@strawberri1shortcake Hi, you need to contact your Embassy in Egypt for the documents she will need and if it's like the U.S. Embassy, She will need to make an Appointment there after arriving in Egypt. After she has been approved there, they should give her, her documents in English and in Arabic. Her Fiance will know where to go after that to get married. Now, this is what the U.S. does. I'm not sure about U.K.

Good Luck