Lease for Visa purposes

I've read about "dummy" accommodation bookings for Schengen visa but the Italian government wants proof of a year's lease when applying for a visa.  Is anyone aware of a way to sign a "dummy" lease?

I don't know sir what is dummy lease

@kthaye2 hi kthaye the government don't want a yearly accomodation but only the proof or residence even if temporaryly settlets as per a hotel booking. But in this case they ask for the payment or for  a declaration by the receptionist or by the hotel director (that is not easy to have for many reasons)

It depends.  If you are applying for a an elective residence visa then yes you must have proof of address so you will need an act of sale to show you own a property or a registered contract at the tax office.  No shortcuts and no dummy leases. 

@Carlo Veronese Carlo, I must disagree.  If you are obtaining an elective residency visa, you MUST have a lease in your name for at least a year, and it must be registered with the appropriate tax authority in the commune you wish to stay.  I just went through this at the Miami Consulate.  Below is the text from their website as to this requirement.

-Lease, rental contract, or deed for property in Italy. The lease, rental contract, or deed must be in the applicant's name. If renting or leasing, the applicant must present an original copy of the lease agreement used to regulate the renting of real estate for residential use with proof your landlord has registered it with the Agenzia delle Entrate, the Italian tax authorities (LEGGE 9 dicembre 1998, n. 431); residential lease of a transitory nature is not accepted."

If you are granted the visa within 8 days of arrival in Italy, you must apply for the permesso di soggiorno at the Questura or Post office.  This can take up to 4 months to get.  I have spoken to several people who went through this process, and they had a police officer stop by their residence, which is listed on your application.  If one tries to go around the year lease requirement and gets caught, I suspect you will be denied and required to leave within 90 days.  My advice is to do it the right way or don't do it at all!

Italy just seems too complicated.  Embassies are given autonomy to declare a minimum income with no recourse to the home embassy.

Italy's visa process is no more or less complicated than most European countries and the US. And in some countries, like Denmark, it is almost impossible to get a long-stay visa unless one has a job offer, is a student, or is for family reunification. Unless you are coming across from Africa on one of the illegal immigrants' boats, then you are welcomed with open arms.....1f914.svg sad but true!

'Italy seems to complicated' - ?  Perhaps it is better that you look somewhere else.  If the visa is too much trouble, you will find day to day living beyond you.