Confused,nieve

Hi. I have just started looking at possibly relocating to Bulgaria from U.k. i am wanting to move permanently to bulgaria. As i am researching, i maybe misunderstanding it. Can anyone answer. If and when i have bought a property in bulgaria. Can i only stay for 90 days at a time. This is all new to me. I am 57 and never been further than Blackpool. Lol. Apologies for the lack of knowledge.

Thankyou in advance.

Simon

Yes, 90 days out of any 180. And you will have problems buying a house with land. That's the reality after Brexit "was done". Those of us who have moved in time are exempt.

Thanks. If my company was set up in Bulgaria would property with land still be a problem?

@biergatecanine Hi Simon, we all have to start somewhere & we were in your position 2 years ago, confused.com!

If you hold a GB passport then Unless you obtain a visa d, valid for 6 months, & then residency then yes I'm afraid you can only stay for 90 out of 180 days at a time. There is loads of info on here about visas etc though. Good luck on your adventure!

@biergatecanine We bought a house with land almost two years ago. You need to set up a Bulgarian company to buy it through, it's not difficult.

I would advise you to come visit Bulgaria before you buy anything though. Take a look at different areas as it's a beautiful country but varies greatly from one region to another.Be careful not to buy something before you've seen it in person, I have heard some horror stories. Also, only buy from a reputable company or get yourself some legal help if it's a private sale. Better to be safe than sorry!

Thanks for your sound advise

As non-EU citizens, Brits need to apply for a D visa to stay more than 90 days in 180. Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving.

A quick search of the forum will being up lots of threads with more information about the requirements for the D visa. It's not easy but you may find one of the categories works for you. On the other hand, if you just want a holiday home rather than to move permanently, the 90 day thing may be fine for you.

As @Mel1702 suggested, definitely visit first before buying. Bulgaria is a wonderful country, with a language and culture that's very different to the UK.

@biergatecanine

Hi, Simon,

Do not give up your goals to relocate in Bulgaria.

Brexit did complicated this process, but it doesn't means that all non-EU citizens cannot reside easily and legally in Bulgaria.

Having a company in Bulgaria is the perfect choise to buy land and a house, but even if you with for agricultural land - it is also possible.

And the residence permit can be obtained just if you  or your friend has an UK working company,  you can register a Trade representative office in Bulgaria.

All expats where I live are non EU.

Vlas is full of Russian Kazakh Ukrainian and Moldovan

@Anastasija_gust

we're in Vlas and we're Welsh and we have some neighbours who are English so we are not all Russian etc

All tourists in Vlas are Russian Ukrainian or Kazakh. In Sunny Beach English or German . Tourists put me off either.  I choose near to Plovdiv. It is Bulgarian and expats are non EU. In my location live Iceland American and Turkey. Good diversity and languages not only Russian language. We speak English and try with Bulgarian.

@Anastasija_gust

They are not all Russias etc in Vlas. We like it there as it's like a little village/town on its own rather than like Sunny Beach which closes down completely for the winter.

Russian etc? Are you in Sveti Vlas Свети-Влас? It is not little. Maybe you are in another place.

@Anastasija_gust

hi, yes - in Sveti Vlas

Hi, there is another option. You can by a sleeping company for 500€ and then you are able to buy a property. Often Realestate-Agents have a view sleeping companies for sale 1f923.svg, because its very often the case.