Inheritance Laws

Hi

My mother owned an apartment in Sunny Beach which has passed to my 2 sisters and I upon her recent demise.  She didn't make a will in Bulgaria.  Can anyone advise on where we stand?

According to BG law the children and the husband (if there is one) inherit the property. Each gets a certain  % of the inheritance.  If you have a UK will you can translate it and legalize it in BG. Then visit a Notary public in Nessebar or Sunny Beach to issue a new notary deed. I would advice to use a lawyer.

Lawyer page on BG inheritance:

https://trifonov.info/en/wills-probate/

@gwynj

Having read that - do you know what the position would be with regard to someone in the UK inheriting property in the UK with regards to a UK will. Would the person(s) due to inherit the property now have to register a company etc or would the company itself be inherited ( this was all setup in 2007 ‘properly') with the owners having ID cards etc and are currently residing in BG full time across two properties.

@Trilogy121!!

I'd guess the will should specify that they leave the properties AND the company. Then you can do whatever is easiest, which would be to transfer the shares of the company that owns their properties to you (and leave the properties owned by the company).