Philippines Legal Capacity to Marry

Hello all,

I am wondering if someone from the group may know about the Legal Capacity to Marry?

I am from Philippines and my fiancé is a Romanian who is currently living in Germany. Question is how can we get this document from the Germany Consular Office? And do they process this type of document? Appreciate any answers/ inputs from the group.

Nothing to do with German consular officials. If you marry in Germany you have to contact the Standesamt and they will tell you what you need. Proof of being able to marry, basically a document saying to the best of their knowledge one is not already married, needs to be obtained from one's embassy/consulate. So you will need this from the Filipino embassy and your intended spouse from the Romanian one. It is usually pretty straightforward if one never married. But if they were formerly married and divorced or had a name change then it can get complicated. Especially complicated for Filipinos since their country doesn't recognize divorce even if obtained in a country that grants it.

@TominStuttgart

hello Tomin, thank you for sharing this information. Just maybe wanted to check if I need to obtain a different visa. I currently have a Schengen tourist visa. Thank you in advance

@TominStuttgart
hello Tomin, thank you for sharing this information. Just maybe wanted to check if I need to obtain a different visa. I currently have a Schengen tourist visa. Thank you in advance
-@Jesica_17

Look at the following link. It is from a government office in Berlin but the procedure should be the same all over Germany. You will need a specific fiance visa.

https://www.berlin.de/einwanderung/en/e … 636.en.php