USA Social Security Direct Deposits to Egyptian Bank

Any information on Social Security Benefits direct deposits and relocating to Egypt?

I know Egypt is a country that will allow direct deposit SS benefits.

The Social Security office in Florida information was if you wish to continue receiving S.S.

direct deposits and are retired permanently living in Egypt, you need to travel to USA every 6 months

for one month and take your I.d. the S.S. office so they know you are still living and the funds are not being

direct deposited to someone else, if you are deceased. ONE MONTH?

It was suggested by the same S.S,office to inquire to the US Embassy in Cairo-if it works to go to US Embassy there instead of going "home".

Naples Italy US Embassy handles matters of Social Security for Eygpt. I wrote to them and was told it is not required to come to Embassy. So that is very unclear, because English seeming to be the persons second language, it seemed my question was not understood.

if you are out of the country for more than 6 months and still receiving your benefits to your American Bank, this is also not legal.

I have just begun to research this, but it seems there is not a lot of information?

Would be so grateful to be directed to some good resources concerning S.S. benefits  and expating.

Thank you-

@Lilly1111

meant to know how I do been doing it 15 years

with never a problem I can nit fix in 20 minutes

@Lilly1111  hi I lived in Egypt for 2 yrs and had no problems with receiving my money which I continued to get direct deposited in my bank in the U.S. When I needed money, I just went to ATM in Egypt. No problem, did have to pay some small amount of international charges tho. Oh, I'm on SS Disability.

@trishyc67

thank you-that is how I operated in Tunisia and also had a Tunisian bank account.

I am trying to find out what documents are required to get 6 month visa and beyond-

to stay in Egypt indefinite.

Do you know if a certain amount of money is required in your US bank account or

need a print out of earnings thru filing IRS?

I read a balance of 1600 for 6 months...

thanks!

I just saw you are from OHIO-me too!

now in Florida-planning to expat to Egypt in October

@Lilly1111 Hi Lilly1111, Not sure, Im thinking you would need to go to Embassy to find this out, ( Permanent Resident). Or, just ask upon arrival at the airport when you first get your Visa. That's when you get your original Visa. Also, I don't pay taxes being that I'm on disability, it gives me the option to pay or not to pay. Also, you can pay U.S. taxes from Egypt.  Hope this helps

Happy Days!

thank you!

@Lilly1111 Hi, I just read you are from Ohio. I'm living here now in Columbus but In Sha Allah I will be going back to live next yr some time to Menofia, Egypt.