Remote Jobs U.S.

Are any of you working remotely for a U.S. based company while living in the Philippines, are is everyone here living off of a pension?

Hello Expat Don.

Well, have only SSDI at the moment and I have not as yet relocated to Dumaguete.

Looking at low salary online positions at this time. Some, such as teaching English, do not require TEFL. Problem, they only pay J st over $10.00 USD hourly. (Cambly is name of company.)

Are any of you working remotely for a U.S. based company while living in the Philippines, are is everyone here living off of a pension?
-@ExpatDon

I'll add my two cents about the pension.

Probably an overwhelming Expats are living here on a pension or SS, maybe both and savings.

If you don't have both an adequate income stream and savings or a large amount of savings, don't even think of moving here.

Welcome to the forum  Expat Don, hope you get your answers here, only a suggestion but why not land a job in the States that lets you work remotely?

My niece is working for an Australian company, She was with them for 3 years and her and her B/f (he is Sicilian) decided to move to Sicily, as a valued worker they didn't want to lose her. She works online now from Milan Italy and has not been back to the office for 2 years, all virtual.

Even I have worked from the Philippines for an English and German employers as a consultant but I worked for those companies for 15 years so I gather I was a required asset like my niece.

I think I answered the same to you on a different forum under a different name.

After Covid companies are more amenable to staff working from home. Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

@ExpatDon I'm retired and living on a fixed monthly income of $3,799.63. That should be plenty but we have made a lot of improvements to the property in the last 1 1/2 years so our expenditures were about P5 million more than my income during that period for the projects. I'm not counting money spent for new vehicles etc. We planned on spending a bunch of money, but not quite that much. It's OK now, yesterday we said goodbye to the work crew. Everything is finished 100%, I'm filling the pool as I type this. Now I can actually calculate our living expenses. We don't pay rent or mortgage but I like to buy stuff like cars, trucks and motorcycles so we'll see how it goes.

I was required to start taking a RMD (Required Minimum Distribution) from my IRA next year but it looks like it was bumped up another year so I won't have to take a distribution until 2025. I was trying to calculate my minimum distribution but the tables are very confusing and the numbers started spinning so I'll worry about it when the time comes. Better yet, I'll let a Fidelity agent figure it out. Right now I have much more important things to think about like do butterflies remember being a caterpillar or did Jesus have a dog.

-@ExpatDon

were you able to get more info on this?  this will be my situation as well - i'm EARLY retiring (i just turned 55 in july) next spring and while i have enough savings and don't plan to work the first month or so while i get settled in, i would still like to find some income (in US DOLLARS!) to handle daily expenses rather than using my savings, until my SS kicks in down the line.  even if it's part-time.  haven't started researching yet so i thought i'd start here.  i know people do things like legal or medical transcriptionist or virtual assistant so i'd be open to those things, just so long as it's not bound by a U.S. schedule (obviously due to huge time zone gap).  definitely not looking for a new career so i don't really care what it is as long as it pays in dollars, schedule is flexible and is legal (lol).

@ExpatDon

I'm based north of Metro Manila, close to Clark/Angeles City.

I work for a few US companies as a consultant. I have my own micro business.

I am also a cofounder of a small boutique agency. we serve a few US based brands as well.

@LeavingLasVegas: There is $17/hrs job in the Philippines for US remote work. It requires a US SS number or a TIN. I do not know the name of the company however I know it exists since I was asked how to get a TIN by the wife's cousin for this job.

@LeavingLasVegas: There is $17/hrs job in the Philippines for US remote work.

I guess some one leaving Los Angeles is also leaving Las Vegas, good to know such remote work is available.

@mugteck lol

@Jackson4 yes I am seeing a lot of those jobs.  It's a bit overwhelming!  But I'm not looking to make a ton of money and def nothing full time.  it's strictly to help with daily expenses.  I may do transcription since it seems to offer the most flexibility and little to no interaction with others which is perfect lol. Though it looks like I will need to get a PC since most of the jobs are PC based (I'm a Mac girl)

Las Vegas/Los Angeles

My tired eyes don't see much difference in spelling.

1f60e.svg

Leaving Los Angeles said . . I'm EARLY retiring (i just turned 55 in july) next spring and while i have enough savings and don't plan to work the first month or so while i get settled in, i would still like to find some income (in US DOLLARS!) to handle daily expenses rather than using my savings, until my SS kicks in down the line.

Maybe it's not wanting to retire at 55, but a return to your roots.

SS kicks in at 62 if you take it early. Maybe you should consider working until then and with the additional savings, you won't have to find additional income to enjoy an American middle class lifestyle  in the Philippines.

@Leaving Los Angeles

(I'm a Mac girl)

We figured that.

I have not seen mac used in general industry that can be used to earn an income for the general public. I always thought a mac is a piece of jewelry. Some people see it as the best thing since toilet paper, but not sure I can use it beyond email, browsing the internet, social media, X (duh!), and some things your cell phone does. My son in college asked me for a mac, so I asked him how he can use a mac for school and the real world. He got a Windows laptop.