Has anyone successfully brought their motorcycle into Amman?

I am an American expat that will move to Amman this summer (2023) and have been enjoying riding my motorcycle in Europe but wanted to know more about bringing my motorcycle and registering it.

I didn't know this would be an issue when I bid on Amman as I saw riding videos and motorcycle shops, but now as I'm getting closer to moving I'm looking into it more closely and see comments regarding this topic.

Has anyone successfully brought their motorcycle into Amman? Was it shipped with transport company or in HHE? Could you register it locally? Any info would be helpful.

Hello Art C,

Welcome on board !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Amman forum since the thread where you initially posted is outdated and from 2018.

I hope active members will soon guide you,

All the best

Bhavna

@Bhavna thank!

Hi Bhavna sorry to be a nuisance I cannot find this post and I'm also interested as I'm coming to Amman this April and looking for options - can you repost or direct me somehow please?

Hello Sheemeon,

Welcome on board !

How can we help ?What information are you looking for ? You just posted on the thread I created ...

Hi, just read your message apologies for the delay! Nice to meet you!

I am coming this time only for two weeks for research.

For this project, I have to ride a motorbike on King's Highway, but I was told that foreigners are not allowed to ride local motorbikes - would you know if that is true?