Activities for Muslim girls in Budapest

@Julien

Dear All,

Thank you so much for your kind message.

Actually, my daughter Nora is living in Budapest since 2019, studying Engineering in Budapest University.

She suffers much of isolation and missing friends. I hope if there are some social activities for young Muslim girls, where she may participate. Though she's not very religious but love Islam and admire and knows Quoran.

I appreciate it very much if you may advise of some activities for young Muslim girls in Budapest.

Warm Regards

@Julien
Dear All,
Actually, my daughter Nora is living in Budapest since 2019, studying Engineering in Budapest University.
She suffers much of isolation and missing friends. I hope if there are some social activities for young Muslim girls, where she may participate. Though she's not very religious but love Islam and admire and knows Quoran.
I appreciate it very much if you may advise of some activities for young Muslim girls in Budapest.
Warm Regards
-@wkamalk hassan

Welcome to the forum

According to the 2011 Hungarian census, there were 5,579 Muslims in Hungary, making up only about 0.057% of the total population. Of these, 4,097 (73.4%) declared themselves as Hungarian, while 2,369 (42.5%) as Arab by ethnicity. So as you can see numbers are relatively low.

I would get your daughter or you to contact the Budapest Mosque, I am sure they will be able to help you with what's available in the city.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board, Hassan !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post on the Budapest forum so that your search may reach some members of the muslim community in Budapest.

All the best

Bhavna

She suffers much of isolation and missing friends. I hope if there are some social activities for young Muslim girls, where she may participate.

How about activities from young girls regalrdless of religion?

For the unaware.

Muslim means no bars and no drinking. It also excludes a number of other activities that might include haram behaviour such as eating at some types of restaurants and so on.

That's likely to be why the OP specified Muslim girls.

She suffers much of isolation and missing friends. I hope if there are some social activities for young Muslim girls, where she may participate.

How about activities from young girls regalrdless of religion?
-@atomheart

Allow me to educate you.
Muslim means no bars and no drinking. It also excludes a number of other activities that might include haram behaviour such as eating at some types of restaurants and so on.
That's likely to be why the OP specified Muslim girls.
-@Fred

As she is at University she will know already what is on offer its because Hungary has a low population of Muslims activities are not widely advertised.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Pointless, we are here to help
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

As noted above, her uni might well be able to help.

You'll commonly find societies set up for minority students and likely social activities set up. Short of anything else, local mosques might well be a good place to look.

I did find a couple of possibilities

https://aboutislam.net/family-life/your … -budapest/

https://www.halaltrip.com/city-guide-de … /budapest/

I have no idea if the above are any good or not so consider them possibilities, not recommendations.

Hello everyone,

Please note that some off-topic posts were put aside. There are several threads on the forum, if you can not help the OP by providing meaningful advice please refrain from posting any off-topic messages here.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien
Dear All,
Warm Regards
-@wkamalk hassan

Welcome to the forum

According to the 2011 Hungarian census, there were 5,579 Muslims in Hungary, making up only about 0.057% of the total population. Of these, 4,097 (73.4%) declared themselves as Hungarian, while 2,369 (42.5%) as Arab by ethnicity. So as you can see numbers are relatively low.

I would get your daughter or you to contact the Budapest Mosque, I am sure they will be able to help you with what's available in the city.
-@SimCityAT

I think there are more Muslims live in Hungary.

Also there are many student (like a large chunk of medical/ dentist students are from Iran).

That is a different question how close their lifestyle is when they are at here to the one when they are at home.

The Budapest Mosque is probably the best place to start/ ask artound.

A few years back I did attend often there on a certain regular event.

As noted above, her uni might well be able to help.
You'll commonly find societies set up for minority students and likely social activities set up. Short of anything else, local mosques might well be a good place to look.
I did find a couple of possibilities

https://aboutislam.net/family-life/your … -budapest/

-@Fred

Oh, checked out the link - so many familiar faces at the article. 1f60e.svg

But the site itself: not very good. Try to push west European narratives.

What it claims true:

mainstream Islam to the world. ... in the context of the modern life of the 21st century.

In Hungary Muslims on average (who do live here for an extended period, not just temporary visitors) are far more traditional. It is not France, or Belgium, or similars.

@wkamalk hassan

Ah, find the name:

Masjid Dar Al-Salam

Mosque

Bartók Béla út 29

The entrance actually from a side street.

That is another catch.

Mostly patronated from the Arabian Peninsula, so because you are from Qatar that is a nice fit.