Looking to get some new bedding

Any suggestions on where to get all the home bed things such as down duvets, pillows, bedlinen, beds etc. Looking for quality. Thanks

Any suggestions on where to get all the home bed things such as down duvets, pillows, bedlinen, beds etc. Looking for quality. Thanks
-@swannamy20

Go to Ikea.

You can get everything there but exercise some caution because some of their pillows and pillowcases can be non-standard sizes.

It's not particularly cheap but easy in Budapest and just outside the city if you have a car.

You can look online at ikea.hu

If you don't speak Hungarian, look up the item numbers on your own language site (i.e. ikea.co.uk, ikea.com, ikea.de, ikea.at etc), then cut and paste the article numbers into the HU site to get the local prices. Not all items are available here. We've had to go to Austrian Ikea in SCS Vienna to get things they inexplicably don't sell here.

Ikea or JYSK. I found a pillow that is more or less standard size at JYSK. They also sell bedding, towles etc.

Even Tesco sometimes has devut covers on sale with a pillow case, a huge pillow case however.

There are some really nice bedding shops on King st. but I've never been inside the stores.

I shipped sheets and pillow cases from the US here, wouldn't do that again.

Ikea or JYSK. I found a pillow that is more or less standard size at JYSK. They also sell bedding, towles etc.
Even Tesco sometimes has devut covers on sale with a pillow case, a huge pillow case however.
There are some really nice bedding shops on King st. but I've never been inside the stores.
I shipped sheets and pillow cases from the US here, wouldn't do that again.
-@Marilyn Tassy

Ah yes, Jysk.  Forgot about them.  Nice one. They even have Jysk in Nuuk, Greenland - I was surprised about that. That's one up on Ikea.

I think the OP is from England according to profile.   There are lots of  Ikeas there so it seems a bit of a strange question.  Everyone knows Ikea. They are everywhere (except Greenland, Russia etc).

US sized pillowcases and sheets would probably be slightly the wrong size for standard European beds lengths and widths.  I know pillowcases vary. Ikea is a law unto itself in that regard.

I would say JYSK.

IKEA not exactly famous about hight quality/ easy to do assembly.

For furniture there are some manufacture/ guilds like professionals, some does very good personalised quality, but hard to find mainly when someone does not speak the local language.

Actually the ones I did know are long since abroad so cannot recommend exact persons.

I would say JYSK.
IKEA not exactly famous about hight quality/ easy to do assembly.
For furniture there are some manufacture/ guilds like professionals, some does very good personalised quality, but hard to find mainly when someone does not speak the local language.
Actually the ones I did know are long since abroad so cannot recommend exact persons.
-@sjbabilon5

Is anyone assembling their own pillowcases, sheets and pillows?

I agree, you can find local furniture makers here and not too expensive. All of our kitchen furniture was made to order. And our dining table, chairs, sideboard and cupboards. The only thing about small makers is that they are really slow. We want more from them but do not seem to be able to answer our requirements now. Mrs F knows them personally but the lack of response is inexplicable. Not too happy about it.

Jysk I could not recommend for garden furniture. We bought some metal framed garden chairs there with this plastic weaved material. It's all completely disintegrated in the sun - cannot take the UV. Only lasted 2 years. I call that absolutely pathetic. All of the chairs will need to be dumped. I will now not buy any plastic weave material chairs or anything like that for outside. Only genuine wood or rust proof metal.

We are back in the UK and use scooms for all our Hungarian Goose Down duvet and pillows. Great quality and service. Certainly worth a look.

We bought some metal framed garden chairs there with this plastic weaved material. It's all completely disintegrated in the sun - cannot take the UV. Only lasted 2 years. I call that absolutely pathetic.
-@fluffy2560

Unfortunately this is true for almost everything you buy made of plastic or with a non-replaceable battery. There exists some excellent outdoor furniture made by a company called Nardi. We have a table and chair outdoor 24/7 for several years and they have not deteriorated at all. The other option is outdoor furniture made of good wood, which needs to be treated annually.

Almost all metal outdoor furniture has plastic parts, which results in the furniture to fail rather sooner than later. The funny thing is that many exposed car parts are made of plastic and these parts last for a very long time. So I assume that deterioration is intended or due to low quality materials.

We are back in the UK and use scooms for all our Hungarian Goose Down duvet and pillows. Great quality and service. Certainly worth a look.
-@backhome1

Why buy there, when you can buy here cheaper?

-@backhome1

Why buy there, when you can buy here cheaper?
-@SimCityAT

OP has 1 post which leads me to think just someone looking for free adverts and is therefore not legit.

We bought some metal framed garden chairs there with this plastic weaved material. It's all completely disintegrated in the sun - cannot take the UV. Only lasted 2 years. I call that absolutely pathetic.
-@fluffy2560
Unfortunately this is true for almost everything you buy made of plastic or with a non-replaceable battery. There exists some excellent outdoor furniture made by a company called Nardi. We have a table and chair outdoor 24/7 for several years and they have not deteriorated at all. The other option is outdoor furniture made of good wood, which needs to be treated annually.

Almost all metal outdoor furniture has plastic parts, which results in the furniture to fail rather sooner than later. The funny thing is that many exposed car parts are made of plastic and these parts last for a very long time. So I assume that deterioration is intended or due to low quality materials.
-@nz7521137

Not always plastic parts - I'm thinking welded or cast iron furniture would be lower maintenance than wood.  But treated wood (pressure treated) can last for many years as the wood preservative is pushed into the surface of the wood at high temperatures.

One can always use a bit of Hammerite paint on rusty metal.   Metal takes ages to rust away.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

With plastic, it's the UV causing everything to breakdown. You can see the effects on car parts like door handles. It gets a sparkly, yet dulled crystalline look.  But it usually still works.

With plastic, it's the UV causing everything to breakdown. You can see the effects on car parts like door handles. It gets a sparkly, yet dulled crystalline look. But it usually still works.
-@fluffy2560

I agree that UV is bad, but also depends upon the quality of plastic. We have planters that are over 20 years old and still in great condition despite having been used in MENA region and in Portugal. Plastic softeners can evapoarte and that also causes brittleness. Regarding my 10 year old car (parked outside) I must have been lucky as it is almost everywhere nice and shiny.

Good luck with selecting the right stuff for your garden.

With plastic, it's the UV causing everything to breakdown. You can see the effects on car parts like door handles. It gets a sparkly, yet dulled crystalline look. But it usually still works.
-@fluffy2560
I agree that UV is bad, but also depends upon the quality of plastic. We have planters that are over 20 years old and still in great condition despite having been used in MENA region and in Portugal. Plastic softeners can evapoarte and that also causes brittleness. Regarding my 10 year old car (parked outside) I must have been lucky as it is almost everywhere nice and shiny.

Good luck with selecting the right stuff for your garden.
-@nz7521137

Yes, indeed. 

My 26 year old car door handles might just come off in my hands one day.   Considering the brutal conditions vehicles suffer, it's surprising it's working as well as it does.  Heat, cold, UV, wind, snow, it's all grinding away at the vehicle.

I was looking at a Tesla the other day.  Way beyond my price range.  But they have recessed door handles which come out when the car opens.  I suppose no UV problem there. 

Metal chairs are available here at Jysk but they aren't the best.  Cheap stuff made in the Far East.  We'll have to find some proper stuff.   Cast iron will last forever but if it breaks, it's really difficult to weld for repairs.

At the moment, we have those simple plastic chairs.  The ones where the back legs break off.   We've had a few sets of those and they've almost always broken in the same place. 

You'd think someone would have noticed the design defect.

At the moment, we have those simple plastic chairs. The ones where the back legs break off.  We've had a few sets of those and they've almost always broken in the same place.
-@fluffy2560

Look for Nardi. Very good quality. Avoid Tesla. Door handles are not everything.

At the moment, we have those simple plastic chairs. The ones where the back legs break off. We've had a few sets of those and they've almost always broken in the same place.
-@fluffy2560
Look for Nardi. Very good quality. Avoid Tesla. Door handles are not everything.
-@nz7521137

I'm old school. If the batteries are dead, how would you get in a Tesla?  No idea. 

Nardi I've found. It's Italian.   There are HU distributors. Click here for Nardi.  Some interesting designs.  Mrs F will be choosing what she likes as I hardly ever sit outside as we live on a construction site. I might sit out when our patio is finally finished.