People who can help

A shortlist of skillful attorneys would be valuable. Just in case someone cannot easily find the information.

Cheers

Interesting idea.  Skillful in what area of law? In what area of the country? A broad list would be more of a directory!

Better to ask for a recommendation in the specific area you need!

Seems like a good place to talk about this in general.  Don't just accept a recommendation. Do your homework.  One person may have a good experience and another may not. Look for more.

Ask about their qualifications. Understand their are well educated well experienced lawyers.  I have rarely had a lawyer say: I have no experience in that area!  Do you know you can be a lawyer here by going to school 1 day a week for 2 or 3 years?  Or you can go to a lawyer who is fully educated! Things are different here. Don't assume a title here means the same as where you are from.

Make sure you understand any and all fees up front! Make sure you understand how long this is likely to take!  And then make sure you understand what is "normal". For example if a residency application normally takes 6 months, then a lawyer saying they can do it in 2 months is a red flag.

Many of us here have a lot of experience working with lawyers in residency, business, labor law, real estate etc

@planner I agree with each point you stated.

A real estate lawyer and notary in Samana?

As for a splendid and English-speaking lawyer, T*** M**, owner of TAMS Legal in Santiago has serviced all my corporate, personal, and property-related needs in-or-outside courtrooms in sterling fashion for about 8-ish years now. Small firm with attractive rates, and a reputable judge within the family. Can't recommend Tulio more highly.       

His# ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Please share names and contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you Jim.  And welcome to the forums!  Tell us more about yourself in the introductions  thread if you are so inclined! 

As for a splendid and English-speaking lawyer, T*** M**, owner of TAMS Legal in Santiago has serviced all my corporate, personal, and property-related needs in-or-outside courtrooms in sterling fashion for about 8-ish years now. Small firm with attractive rates, and a reputable judge within the family. Can't recommend Tulio more highly.   
His# ***
-@jimwestman

Thank you for your contribution.