Accomodation and documents

1) Are all documents need to be notarized, legalized or apostilled and translated into Portuguese for the visa application

2) Open a bank account in Portugal- documents need to be notarized, legalized or apostilled?

Thank you in advance

Hi travelvolunteer,

I think that documents from the country of residence are accepted as long as they are:

- in English

- or in any other language, as long as they have a certified translation into Portuguese done by a Portuguese consulate in that country of residence.

Namely, documents such as:

- criminal record certificates

- proof of address

- evidences of personal income

- evidences of accomodation

Why not get this information from the Portuguese consulate in the country where you live?

Best Regards

@JohnnyPT

Reply from the embassy

"In reply to your email, we inform that all visa applicants should follow the information provided in the checklists made available by VFS Global, which explicitly indicate when a given document should be notarised or legalised"

Reply from the Visa Centre

"Kindly be informed that we only follow what is indicated on the website. And it is not indicated at all. And those documents are also on the list coming from the embassy. Thank you for understanding."

do you think the instruction is clear ? 1f601.svg1f601.svg1f601.svg

This is unclear, indeed.

So, try to follow the information provided in the checklists made available by VFS Global. And when it's not explicit, try to do as I mentioned before. And also try to get some information from the Singapore Consulate in Portugal, maybe they know something and can guide you on this issue of document certification.

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/lisbon

D7-retirement-purposes-religious-purpose

https://www.vfsglobal.com/one-pager/por … rposes.pdf

thanks Johhny

It seems to me that 5, 7, 8 and 9 must be certified in English or Portuguese. The 6th is obtained in Portugal and the original of the 4th should already be in English.