Residency permit holder getting married

-edit:

Now posted in the 'Getting married in Brazil'' thread

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=150290&p=3#5583961

01/16/23 @bloomboy.  Hi, Jay.  First of all, congratulations!

If your documents are in order, as I'm sure they are given your status, then you should have very little trouble.  As you point out, nothing official in Brazil is ever a snap, but this should be as close to it as you can come.

Check with your local cartório about what documents they require to marry you.  Every cartório is a little different, but it shouldn't include any documents that you haven't already given to the PF; they may even be satisfied with just your CRNM and CPF.  If it does, you can always ask -- nicely of course -- to talk it over with the Tabelião, or just shop around for another cartório.  If your fiancée wants to do the talking, that may be a plus:  Brazilians are good at getting to "yes" in these situations.  Even if you're planning a religious wedding, it all still starts at the cartório.

With a valid CRNM, you don't have any need to change your immigration status just because your civil status changes, but you may if you want to.  In your place, I'd just leave it alone, and upgrade to "Family Reunion" from "Work" at your next renewal date.

Again, congratulations!

Thanks @abthree!

What do you think the chances are of me being able to confirm everything here in Brazil, and not having to return to the UK for anything?

I read about folk requiring a recent up to date Birth Certificate Apostile, i am not sure if this counts for my situation with my 10 year reisdency permit. I dont really want to go to the UK just for that!

01/16/23  Thanks @abthree!
What do you think the chances are of me being able to confirm everything here in Brazil, and not having to return to the UK for anything?
I read about folk requiring a recent up to date Birth Certificate Apostile, i am not sure if this counts for my situation with my 10 year reisdency permit. I dont really want to go to the UK just for that!
-@bloomboy

As a legal resident, I would think that your chances are very, very good.  As I said, if the cartório balks, I would try to talk to the person in charge, or check with another cartório.  A few cartórios in any big city seem to kind of specialize in weddings, and one of them might be more cooperative, if you're local one isn't.  If you have the Birth Certificate in your files from your original processing, it can't hurt to have it handy.  I've never understood the requirement for a recent Birth Certificate anyway:  as far as I know, we're all only born once!