Shipping mens cologne from the USA to Egypt

How can I successfully mail/ship cologne to friend in Egypt?  DHL flagged my shipment and held it back.  Do I need to package it in a certain way so the X-ray machines don't flag it?  It's just 3 bottles.

Any input would be much appreciated.

@fl0wergirl1 I don't know about the shipment etc but be careful with sending parcels to Egypt. The import taxes cost an arm and a leg. You could end up paying 60% (of thr price the item cost you) or even more than that just as custom duty taxes. They don't have any actual documents outlining the policy around custom duty taxes so they charge as they wish. When the item arrives in Egypt, DHL pay the custom duty tax but when they go out to give it to your receiver, they demand the receiver to pay upfront.

It may vary but this was my experience. I sent something costing $73 and paid about another $90 in taxes and if i didn't, i would've had to repay for shipping to get the item returned back to me. Or they'd otherwise 'destroy it' ( more like take it for themselves).

Thank you.  Your response is pretty much what I experienced when shipping a package to my friend in Egypt.

What about when shopping household goods?

do you pay a large tax with a moving container?

I have not attempted that yet. 

@fl0wergirl1  try HitchHiker app as your last option

Thank you.  I did use the hitch hiker app and all went smoothly

If you're looking to send perfume through the mail, it's important to be aware of the shipping regulations in place for this type of product. In most cases, perfume is considered a hazardous material and must be shipped in compliance with strict guidelines. This typically involves packaging the perfume in specific materials and labeling the package correctly.