Furniture in Egypt >>> recommendations

Hello,

Can you please tell me your experience if you have furnished your appartment lately? Which showrooms you recommend? I need something simple, elegant and of good quality. Also with moderate prices.. I like it between modern and classic...not pure classic but not very modern too.

Hi moon34,

I furnished my flat end of 2009, so I guess this can be considered recent.

Bought all furniture from "In&Out", "Whitehouse" and "Istiqbal". My favourite of the 3 was in&out, modern but not too trendy, reasonable prices and good customer service. They have several branches in Cairo, we used one in Nasr City. The other 2 you can find in Citystars, right next to each other.

Regards

Thanks... i think in&out is really good..

Hi whilst in and out is good their furniture which I have put in my rentals has broken quickly.  Suggest that you have a look at Hanimax which has two stores close by each other in Nasr city just one block away from the In and Out store they are on the internet if you have a problem locating please email me.  They accept European credit cards, the staff are very helpful and they have good discounts i.e. 30% off all light fittings three months ago.  The interior designers tend to use them so they have a good high turnover of stock which is unusual in some Egyptian shops where things can be left gathering dust.

if you hve not purchase any furniture yet you can consider coming to my city in Damietta to look for them. You can get lots of choices at good price. This city manufactures furniture. cheers !

Hello,

Not very experienced but I would recommend Istikbal at citystars or Kilim at Makram Ebeid.

rasel10 wrote:

if you hve not purchase any furniture yet you can consider coming to my city in Damietta to look for them. You can get lots of choices at good price. This city manufactures furniture. cheers !

Very good advice for those with plenty of time or for those that will stay long term.

I have a few years of experience building institutional furniture under the "Thonet Name" managing the bonding operation for bent-ply items along with the rough and finish mills. Prior to moving into management.I worked within the model shop building sample and prototype furniture items within manufacturing engineering.

I visited the mentioned area last year.My visit was un-planned and only a couple of hours in duration as a side trip.what we observed in general were prices fifty percent of those found around greater Cairo.

We also found the prices were easy to negotiate further.

I was very impressed by the quality and construction for two of the dozen shops we visited with.We found Very high quality and value available from this area in a single product.

My wife and i plan to visit this area again in a more organized fashion as a day trip when time is available to us.

Do let me know if you are coming to my area. My husband's family area into furniture business and I am sure he can take you around to get what you want or what you are looking for.